Author Topic: Colonizing Mars Might Require Humans to Radically Alter Their Bodies and Minds  (Read 8952 times)

Offline kevindavis007

I don't see any religious issues with going to space as long we continue to honor and keep faith in God. After all, God created the entire universe and its all his domain.

One cool thing about "The Expanse" series is the inclusion and even prominence of religion in the series. So far Mormons have been prominent but I know from reading ahead that Methodists and other Christian sects will play a prominent role in the expansion of mankind in the series.

So far the The Expanse has treated religion very nice which I find unusual in SciFi.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
They are building human reference genomes as we speak. It shouldn't be that hard to study gene expression in certain groups, but I think there are local adaptations to environmental factors that aren't necessarily genetic.

If people start popping up that can do things outside the human norm, like climb a glass wall with their bare feet and hands, something is up.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

So far the The Expanse has treated religion very nice which I find unusual in SciFi.

Lots of otherwise great sci fi has been destroyed by pointless and gratuitous attacks on religion.

An otherwise great freebie I got from free ebooks.com was "Space-Time Odessey" by Michel Poulin. It was very well written and a great story but the writer never passed up a chance to flog Christianity.

Several hundred years into the future mankind had spread across several hundred light years to many dozens of planets. The human expansion had come under a relentless devastating and relentless attack by a malevolent alien species (the first encountered) anmd wiped out on all planets but 1 in the Alpha C system and on earth. In a last ditch attempt to retreat to earth the ships and several million humans had been somehow transported back to medieval earth where they settled.