Author Topic: Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchens asks Trump administration to help her hold undocumented immigrants  (Read 581 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Jordan Graham
Orange County Register
March 10, 2017

With most California governments and police agencies resisting President Donald Trump’s push to increase immigration enforcement and deportations, Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchens is bucking the trend, telling the Trump administration she wants her department to cooperate more closely with federal immigration agents.

Last month, Hutchens met with several high ranking members of Trump’s administration in Washington D.C., in part to communicate how her department, and possibly law enforcement in other large American counties, would be willing to impose federal immigration laws.

Her message: Neighborhood enforcement is off the table, but an enhanced immigration role in jails would be welcome.

Specifically, Hutchens -- who was in D.C. in her role as president of the Major Counties Sheriff’s Association -- asked the administration to provide a legal directive for her to detain some immigrants convicted of violent or other serious crimes beyond their set release dates so federal agents could retrieve and deport them.
More

Offline skeeter

Up until very recently Orange County was reliably republican.

Wingnut

Ms Hutchens is on the right side of the issue.  Good on her.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The OC. Home for me. Contrary to wide misconceptions, much of California is historically conservative.

My Congressman Rohrabacher, is a Liberty Caucus member, along with fellow Californian Tom McClintock.

I looked at a map of zip codes, and the middle and upper income zips went for Trump, poor ones to Hillary.

The makers vs. the takers. OC is 34% Hispanic by self identification. All five county supervisors, are Republicans, as is this Sheriff.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ms Hutchens is on the right side of the issue.  Good on her.
This time, but just as anti CCW as any liberal.