Author Topic: It Might Soon Be Legal for Employers to Force You Into a Genetic Test  (Read 10871 times)

Offline MOD3

Re: It Might Soon Be Legal for Employers to Force You Into a Genetic Test
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2017, 08:23:38 pm »
Topics merged.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2017, 08:58:43 pm »
Nothing Orwellian about this.  It's quite benign.   It's a clarification of existing law intended to assure employers that they can include as part of a workplace wellness program a health risk assessment that asks questions about family medical history.   Completing an HRA would continue to be voluntary, and the information would be solicited in connection with an ERISA group health plan (that is, the reward would take the form of a discount in the group medical premium).  That keeps the information confidential so it cannot be used for employment purposes by the employer.

I do not mind if it is voluntary. But I trust no one. Not the employer, not the insurance company, not the government.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2017, 09:03:08 pm »
I do not mind if it is voluntary. But I trust no one. Not the employer, not the insurance company, not the government.

Funny word, "Voluntary."  We send in our tax forms "voluntarily."  Radio stations broadcast EBS tests "voluntarily."  Sarge needs a "volunteer."

When a big government advocate tells me something is going to be "voluntary" I start looking for the big lie.  There's a hook somewhere in that bait.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2017, 09:04:03 pm »

Kinda scary to think of the chaos that could be created if hackers were to switch from stealing personal info files to your DNA info from a database​. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2017, 09:04:13 pm »
Funny word, "Voluntary."  We send in our tax forms "voluntarily."  Radio stations broadcast EBS tests "voluntarily."  Sarge needs a "volunteer."

When a big government advocate tells me something is going to be "voluntary" I start looking for the big lie.  There's a hook somewhere in that bait.
The personal mandate is voluntary as long as you can afford the ever increasing fine er um I mean tax.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2017, 09:05:27 pm »
Nothing Orwellian about this.  It's quite benign.   

That is what tyrants and their supporters always tell the people that they are enslaving.

Completing an HRA would continue to be voluntary, and the information would be solicited in connection with an ERISA group health plan... That keeps the information confidential so it cannot be used for employment purposes by the employer.

Right.

And the Income Tax and SoSec were supposed to be voluntary too, and it was actually printed on the SoSec Card I still have that says 'For Social Security Purposes Only - Not for identification', and we see how well that 'selling point' lasted.  Try opening a bank account or obtaining a driver's license without one.

History teaches that anytime a government says something is voluntary - it will be made mandatory in short order.   Likewise anything they say is confidential and cannot be used for something, will be used publicly as a weapon against those they are seeking to control.

Only fools and those desiring the implementation of tyranny would make the insistences that you do.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2017, 09:05:41 pm »

The current popular phrase for that is volun-told
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2017, 09:19:54 pm »
The personal mandate is voluntary as long as you can afford the ever increasing fine er um I mean tax.

"Individual Shared Responsibility Payment."  I shit you not.

https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care-act/the-individual-shared-responsibility-payment-an-overview
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:20:25 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2017, 09:21:40 pm »
The current popular phrase for that is volun-told

I was never in the service.  BTW, thank you for yours....
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2017, 09:25:48 pm »
Kinda scary to think of the chaos that could be created if hackers were to switch from stealing personal info files to your DNA info from a database​.

It is not that far out. I know of a person that was court ordered to provide urine samples, as a condition of probation or child custody.

The person stood in court, and the law enforcement official informed the judge "your honor, the sample provided to the court is not human."

Dog piss.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2017, 09:37:21 pm »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2017, 01:43:41 am »
I was never in the service.  BTW, thank you for yours....

@Cyber Liberty thanks.