Author Topic: Does New Scientific Research Indicate Life After Death?  (Read 877 times)

rangerrebew

Does New Scientific Research Indicate Life After Death?
« on: March 09, 2017, 05:20:51 pm »
March 8, 2017 By Colleen Conley

A new study published in The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences  provides some fascinating insight into what happens to the brain when we die.

Researchers studied the brain waves of four terminal patients whose life support was turned off. While all of the patients experienced different EEG patterns, the fourth patient showed persistent brain activity for longer than 10 minutes following death.

Even after clinically declared death – determined by the absence of a pulse and unreactive pupils – the patient appeared to experience the same kind of brain waves (delta wave bursts) we get during deep sleep.

http://rightalerts.com/does-new-scientific-research-indicate-life-after-death/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 05:21:50 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline thackney

Re: Does New Scientific Research Indicate Life After Death?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 05:58:38 pm »

A new study published in The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences  provides some fascinating insight into what happens to the brain when we die.

Researchers studied the brain waves of four terminal patients whose life support was turned off. While all of the patients experienced different EEG patterns, the fourth patient showed persistent brain activity for longer than 10 minutes following death.

Even after clinically declared death – determined by the absence of a pulse and unreactive pupils – the patient appeared to experience the same kind of brain waves (delta wave bursts) we get during deep sleep.

I believe in life after death.  But all this shows is that dying takes longer than thought.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 08:29:19 pm »
I believe in life after death.  But all this shows is that dying takes longer than thought.

My mother-in-law passed last May.  Her whole family was there as she expired.  Even after she was declared "dead" she would breath, her heart would beat a few times; her body would struggle to continue.

That's not "life after death". 
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 08:54:26 pm »

@rangerrebew

That was just the night light burning off the remaining electricity. Doan mean a thing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!