Author Topic: 10 pieces of good news for President Trump this week  (Read 488 times)

rangerrebew

10 pieces of good news for President Trump this week
« on: March 09, 2017, 03:08:24 pm »
March 9, 2017
10 pieces of good news for President Trump this week
By Karin McQuillan

Good news items keep appearing every day.  Ironically, there are so many, they are easy to miss.   Here are ten happy headlines showing the progress team Trump is making this week on many fronts – jobs, the border, law and order, deregulation, fair trade, rule of law, the Middle East, reining in bureaucrats.

Trump's first full month in office brings massive employment boom as U.S. companies added whopping 298,000 new jobs in February

Winning Level – Wolverine Grandmaster: Secretary Ross Imposes $1.19 Billion Fine Against Chinese Company…

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/03/good_news_for_president_trump_this_week.html#ixzz4aqF0u1Ro
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline thackney

Re: 10 pieces of good news for President Trump this week
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 03:44:51 pm »
Secretary Ross Imposes $1.19 Billion Fine Against Chinese Company…

I did not find the discussion of the at the link, or the source link.

I did find it here for others interested:

https://www.commerce.gov/news/press-releases/2017/03/secretary-commerce-wilbur-l-ross-jr-announces-119-billion-penalty

Secretary of Commerce Wilbur L. Ross, Jr. today announced that China’s Zhongxing Telecommunications Equipment Corporation and ZTE Kangxun Telecommunications Ltd., known collectively as ZTE, has agreed to a record-high combined civil and criminal penalty of $1.19 billion, pending approval from the courts, after illegally shipping telecommunications equipment to Iran and North Korea in violation of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the Iranian Transactions and Sanctions Regulations (ITSR). 

As part of the settlement, ZTE has agreed to pay a penalty of $661 million to Commerce’s Bureau of Industry Security (BIS), with $300 million suspended during a seven-year probationary period to deter future violations.  This civil penalty is the largest ever imposed by the BIS and, if the criminal plea is approved by a federal judge, the combined $1.19 billion in penalties from Commerce, the Department of Justice, and the Department of Treasury, would be the largest fine and forfeiture ever levied by the U.S. government in an export control case....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 04:12:12 pm »
I did not find the discussion of the at the link, or the source link.

I did find it here for others interested:

https://www.commerce.gov/news/press-releases/2017/03/secretary-commerce-wilbur-l-ross-jr-announces-119-billion-penalty

Secretary of Commerce Wilbur L. Ross, Jr. today announced that China’s Zhongxing Telecommunications Equipment Corporation and ZTE Kangxun Telecommunications Ltd., known collectively as ZTE, has agreed to a record-high combined civil and criminal penalty of $1.19 billion, pending approval from the courts, after illegally shipping telecommunications equipment to Iran and North Korea in violation of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the Iranian Transactions and Sanctions Regulations (ITSR). 

As part of the settlement, ZTE has agreed to pay a penalty of $661 million to Commerce’s Bureau of Industry Security (BIS), with $300 million suspended during a seven-year probationary period to deter future violations.  This civil penalty is the largest ever imposed by the BIS and, if the criminal plea is approved by a federal judge, the combined $1.19 billion in penalties from Commerce, the Department of Justice, and the Department of Treasury, would be the largest fine and forfeiture ever levied by the U.S. government in an export control case....
Pretty stiff fines they agreed to.  Wonder what was the opening amount anyway.

And this is just the US portion of the fine.  Undoubtedly, the UN has some other penaties to levy on this?

I cannot open link for some reason.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 04:21:32 pm »
Pretty stiff fines they agreed to.  Wonder what was the opening amount anyway.

And this is just the US portion of the fine.  Undoubtedly, the UN has some other penaties to levy on this?

I cannot open link for some reason.

Try searching for the title:

Secretary of Commerce Wilbur L. Ross, Jr. Announces $1.19 Billion Penalty for Chinese Company’s Export Violations to Iran and North Korea

Maybe that will give you a better link.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer