Author Topic: Foodborne Illness & Contaminants  (Read 583 times)

rangerrebew

Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
« on: March 09, 2017, 12:34:44 pm »
Foodborne Illness & Contaminants

FDA oversees the safety of domestic and imported foods, in part, through:

Monitoring programs for pathogens, natural toxins, pesticides, and other contaminants
    Assessment of potential exposure and risk

This section provides information on preventing foodborne illness and reducing health risks associated with chemical contaminants, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.

Protect Yourself from Foodborne Illness

https://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/default.htm
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 12:35:56 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 01:51:04 pm »
Thanks! The downloadable 'Bad Bug Book' is definitely worth a look (available through the link).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 02:23:33 pm »
When people complain of a stomach virus (the "24 hour flu"), the actual culprit usually is a food-borne toxin. Wash your hands, people, and don't leave food out at room temperature!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 02:26:55 pm »
When people complain of a stomach virus (the "24 hour flu"), the actual culprit usually is a food-borne toxin. Wash your hands, people, and don't leave food out at room temperature!
Yep. I generally avoid local outbreaks. First thing I do when I get back from town is wash my hands because of the common contact surfaces out there. The other biggie is to leave your hands off your face. It is amazing how often most people touch their face and mouth.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis