Author Topic: Social Justice Syndrome: ‘Rising Tide of Personality Disorders Among Millennials’  (Read 762 times)

rangerrebew

Social Justice Syndrome: ‘Rising Tide of Personality Disorders Among Millennials’
By Ewan Morrison March 6, 2017
chat 316 comments
A group of protesters hold signs before a women's march during the first full day of Donald Trump's presidency in San Francisco, Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu)

If you were to come across someone who cried in the streets, who saw the world in terms of black and white and made death threats against strangers, who cowered in a special room and made public displays of naked self-harm and blood letting, you might conclude that they were suffering from a personality disorder.

All these symptoms can be found in the High Conflict Personality Disorder category known as Axis II in DSMV, including Anti-Social PD, Histrionic PD, Paranoid PD, Narcissistic PD, and Borderline PD.

http://minx.cc:1080/?post=368753
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 10:29:03 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

I think therapists are seeing a revenue path to their knew yachts with the snowflakes. :facepalm2: 888bravo

Offline endicom

I think therapists are seeing a revenue path to their knew yachts with the snowflakes. :facepalm2: 888bravo

Gnu yachts? Whatever.

From Ace: Look, I don't want to make fun of people suffering serious mental disorders, but it is kind of my job, so....

Ace is not your average blogger.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Will the in-house shrink(s) please pick up the phone??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

@Quix

THERE IS NO AXIS II IN THE DSM V.  ALL AXIS WERE ELIMINATED.

I used the DSM III and DSM III, second edition, when I was a psychological examiner.  Since I retired, the DSM IV came out.  Now, we have the DSM V and I bought it a few weeks ago to see what changes were made.  The changes are major. No longer will there be a diagnosis listed by Axis as they no longer exist.

Since the person who wrote that article is wrong about the construction of the DSM V which came out in 2013, I know that person is ignorant of the diagnosis process. 

Just because a person is acting out on a college campus, among friends who get together to talk about their stresses, real or imagined, does not mean they should have a mental disorder slapped on them.

These kids are trying to grow up and figure out where they belong in society, whether they are in college or not.  That is never going to change.  If one looked in that town at kids not in college, they gather together, too, and some do dumb things just like the ones on the college campus.

Remember the "flower" children?  Remember riots on college campuses during the Vietnam war?  Kids that age will find something in the adult world to complain about.  At that age, they think they know it all and adults are the pits to them.  They will do something to be different - grow their hair long, shave their heads, dye their hair red or pink or green.  These days it seems to be getting tattoos all over their bodies.  Todays kids will grow into adults just like others in times past.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:09:55 am by Victoria33 »