Author Topic: How To Lose Weight  (Read 513 times)

rangerrebew

How To Lose Weight
« on: March 08, 2017, 12:29:54 pm »
How To Lose Weight
Written by Christian Nordqvist
Knowledge center
Last updated: Mon 11 January 2016
email
213Share

How to lose weight is one of the most pressing questions of the Western world.

The answer is both simple and not so simple. People lose weight by consuming less energy each day than they burn; it is straightforward mathematics.

However, the answer is also complicated because maintaining the numbers' discipline is not as easy as it may sound. Some other factors are also involved in helping you lose weight, such as metabolism, hormones, the type of food you eat, your body type and lifestyle.

Most experts stress that physical activity is as important as dieting when people want to lose weight and to keep it off. This article will look at the reasons to lose weight, the most effective methods and medical interventions.

Contents of this article:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/215100.php
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 12:30:33 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Applewood

Re: How To Lose Weight
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 02:25:21 pm »

Took me years to go from 220 to 160.  I could stand to lose another 20-30, but I'm a bit stuck at the moment. 

I can't blame my size on heredity. No one else in my family is/was overweight.   My father could put away a meal that would feed 4 people.  But he burned it off through almost constant physical labor.  If he did gain a few pounds, he would simply cut out his bedtime snack for a day or two and voila!  Back to normal weight. 

People who don't have a problem with weight don't understand those of us who do.  My Dad would say, "it's simple.  Don't eat."  Well,  it isn't  that easy. 

Takes a lot of discipline, sensible eating and physical activity.  Mental state is important too.  So easy to let stress and depression derail weight.  Support from others who understand what you're going through is a big plus.  I'm lucky to have friends who support me, and since they share the same struggle,  I can give support back to them.

It's important not  to give up when the going gets tough.  When I feel it's useless, I think about how far I've come since my 200+ days.  That gives me the encouragement to keep on going.