Author Topic: How About 'A Day Without Lefties'?  (Read 679 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
How About 'A Day Without Lefties'?
« on: March 07, 2017, 04:21:21 pm »
How About 'A Day Without Lefties'?
self

Was listening to our local favorite talk radio station, WMAL630am/WMAL105.9fm this morning and syndicated and local host Chris Plante came up with a brilliant idea. [The Chris Plante Show]  http://www.wmal.com/

Coming on the heels of the 'famed' Day Without Hispanics or Day Without Immigrants, comes 'A Day Without Women'.

This week’s planned protest about,…uh, what is it about?  Nobody knows, but it is disrupting virtually every household.  One only gets so many ‘sick’ days, and one of the parents must use this so that the teachers in schools going to participate, can……get another three day weekend?

So a nice retired nurse calls in a suggests that she be allowed to volunteer in place of one teacher, so that she could teach them how to say, please, thank-you, how to do math without a calculator, and how to balance a checkbook.  She conveyed her dismay that simple manners aren’t taught/learned today.

From there, the light went off in Chris’ mind and he says, “Why can’t there be a Day Without Lefties?”

For one day, everybody

•   Says “Good [morning, afternoon, evening]”
•   …with eye contact
•   Says please and thank you, with eye contact.
•   Holds the door open for somebody.
•   Doesn’t cut somebody off coming up in a merging lane…just because you can.

•   Gives a friend a hug
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:17:20 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

Re: How About 'A Day Without Lefties'?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 04:25:28 pm »
Lets start small and maybe several lefty's who post here under the guise of being a conservative could be gone for a day.

:smokin:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 04:27:16 pm »
Lets start small and maybe several lefty's who post here under the guise of being a conservative could be gone for a day.

:smokin:

Excellent!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 04:39:23 pm »
Chris pointed out that a typical classroom with 30 students means 30 parents possibly missing a day's work...essentially paying for somebody else' need for another 3 day weekend. 

But overall, rudeness prevails 'out there'.

Technology today is having a  negative behavioral effect on all so-called 'civilized' societies.

Kids converse in staccato, abrupt exchanges.   They can't fry an egg, but they sure as hell can save the [Princess-Castle-Empire] on their X-Box.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: How About 'A Day Without Lefties'? [Trump Sucks]
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 04:52:18 pm »
I notice no one has suggested a day with out the armed forces. Just sayin' :whistle:

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 09:31:06 pm »
A day without lefties? Hey, I'm left-handed! (The only thing I can do right-handed is play a guitar . . . )

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 10:13:23 pm »
A day without lefties? Hey, I'm left-handed! (The only thing I can do right-handed is play a guitar . . . )

22222frying pan    Not talkin' bout Southpaws, @EasyAce      :laugh:

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 10:21:34 pm »

In the immortal words of Inspector Clouseau, Ah knyeww thet!  :chairbang:

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 10:22:18 pm »

I'm ambidextrous.  I swing both ways.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 02:55:02 am »
I'm ambidextrous.  I swing both ways.
Let's all hope that is the only ways you swing.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 06:39:57 am »
Let's all hope that is the only ways you swing.

I swing with a guitar in my hands and a rhythm section beside me.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 11:20:21 am »
Some school districts are shutting down in celebration/protest/suppression/resolution or something of women.  Nobody seems to really know - apparently it doesn't matter.

But I would personally like to celebrate the closing of public schools.