Author Topic: E.ON Announces Nearly 20 MW of Wind Energy Storage  (Read 4106 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: E.ON Announces Nearly 20 MW of Wind Energy Storage
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2017, 04:12:40 pm »
The dropping cost of utility sized battery systems are also changing the future landscape of non-dispatchable generation.
Exactly what is that 'non-dispatchable generation'?  First time I ever saw that term.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2017, 04:17:59 pm »
Exactly what is that 'non-dispatchable generation'?  First time I ever saw that term.

Non dispatchable generation is generation that cannot be ramped up and down to match grid demands. All other forms of electricity production can be manipulated by the grid operators, but wind and solar cannot. You have to take both as they are currently doing. One reason both of these forms of generation are destabilizing to grid operations. You cannot control the output.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 02:06:06 pm »
Non dispatchable generation is generation that cannot be ramped up and down to match grid demands. All other forms of electricity production can be manipulated by the grid operators, but wind and solar cannot. You have to take both as they are currently doing. One reason both of these forms of generation are destabilizing to grid operations. You cannot control the output.
thanks.

One more negative for renewables.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington