Author Topic: Rebellion Brews in Washington—But American ‘Deep State’ Is Only a Myth  (Read 664 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
As Donald Trump’s White House fumbles mounted in his first month in office, including several insults casually aimed at our Intelligence Community, something close to all-out war between the president and the country’s spies has broken through the surface. Faced with a commander-in-chief who compares them to Nazi Germany and accuses them of being “very anti-American,” intelligence professionals have fought back with leaks, per time-tested tradition.

http://observer.com/2017/02/donald-trump-administration-cia-deep-state/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
"Deep state" is the new shout of "Racist" intended to end debate.

There are problems within our perpetual government bureaucracies but I'm not willing to abandon our intel and security to the KGB.

Offline Norm Lenhart

"Deep state" is the new shout of "Racist" intended to end debate.

There are problems within our perpetual government bureaucracies but I'm not willing to abandon our intel and security to the KGB.

To me it's just another behavior control/pavlovian/focus grouped buzzword the media propagates. At it's core it is the same thing as "iluminati" but since that one is the province of 4Chan and Reddit idiots, they push this. Why? Simple.

People have a new word to use that makes them sound 'in the know' and intelligent to the non politically aware and gives them their daily feelgood to use. Because high school never ends and new things impress small minds. Second, it gives the powers that be an easy identifier for  people too stupid to think before they speak, thus saving them time seeking out the easily manipulated to market to. Think of how many buzzwords originate on The View.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'd be weary of believing this too much. The Observer is Kushner's paper.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DiogenesLamp

To me it's just another behavior control/pavlovian/focus grouped buzzword the media propagates. At it's core it is the same thing as "iluminati" but since that one is the province of 4Chan and Reddit idiots, they push this. Why? Simple.

People have a new word to use that makes them sound 'in the know' and intelligent to the non politically aware and gives them their daily feelgood to use. Because high school never ends and new things impress small minds. Second, it gives the powers that be an easy identifier for  people too stupid to think before they speak, thus saving them time seeking out the easily manipulated to market to. Think of how many buzzwords originate on The View.

"Deep State"  is actually a pretty good shorthand to describe the problem.   My understanding is that the term came from Turkey,  where it had been used for years to describe the entrenched bureaucracy which actually controlled the government.   

In our case,  "Deep State"  is not completely accurate.   So far as I can tell,  to create a better description of what is happening in our system,   we need to combine "Deep State"  and "Crony Capitalism"  into some sort of amalgamated term.   

We have the entrenched bureaucracy  as only part of the problem.   The other part of the problem is the influence of some extremely wealthy  heads of industries and their influence with those same entrenched bureaucrats.   

Basically a "good old boy"  system that is effectively hidden from the rest of us participants in what we think is a Democratic Republic.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Suppressed

In our case,  "Deep State"  is not completely accurate.   So far as I can tell,  to create a better description of what is happening in our system,   we need to combine "Deep State"  and "Crony Capitalism"  into some sort of amalgamated term.

Definitely more "Crony State" than "Deep Capitalism"!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
There's a great irony in the invention of yet another term to describe bureaucracy.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Deep State is such an inviting term.

Reminds me of Deep Throat in Watergate, and anything with State in the name means bad, bad mojo.