Author Topic: Immigration activists open to negotiating with Trump  (Read 500 times)

rangerrebew

Immigration activists open to negotiating with Trump
« on: March 04, 2017, 12:38:18 pm »

Immigration activists open to negotiating with Trump

03/02/17 06:00 AM EST

Immigration activists say they are open to negotiating a deal with President Trump, even if it means setting aside a pathway to citizenship for those living in the U.S. illegally.

“This is a different level of panic and fear in our families that I don’t think we can take anything off the table,” said Jose Antonio Vargas, an undocumented former Washington Post journalist and founder of Define American, an immigration advocacy group.

That message marks a shift from the immigration debate under President Obama, when liberal reform advocates insisted that any legislation must include a pathway to citizenship for the millions of people living in the country illegally.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...ing-with-trump

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Immigration activists open to negotiating with Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 01:50:19 am »
"Immigration activists open to negotiating with Trump..."

To me this indicates that they're losing and they know it -- both in regards to the law and in the matter of public opinion.

The proper reaction from the administration should be "thanks, but no thanks".

And then... carry on.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Immigration activists open to negotiating with Trump
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 08:05:52 am »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline DB