Author Topic: ICE Must Act Responsibly, But So Must Advocacy Groups  (Read 206 times)

rangerrebew

ICE Must Act Responsibly, But So Must Advocacy Groups
« on: March 03, 2017, 11:40:22 am »
 ICE Must Act Responsibly, But So Must Advocacy Groups

By Dan Cadman, March 2, 2017

My colleague Jerry Kammer has written a blog post appealing for wisdom at the helms of the nation's two primary border enforcement agencies, Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). It's a valuable piece, and merited being said.

I can't say I know the acting heads over at CBP, but I do know the acting chief of ICE; he is an intelligent and sober man who wouldn't willingly lead the troops astray, though of course there is always the possibility of an untoward field incident — a reality in any kind of police work in any agency at any time.

There is another side to the story, too, though.

Open borders advocates and migrant advocacy groups have not only had their way in seeing immigration enforcement fundamentally suppressed in the past eight years; under the Obama administration, the inmates ran the asylum. It can be expected that they won't take the transition to a Trump era easily, any more than the Democrats or the media have found themselves able to.

http://cis.org/cadman/ice-must-act-responsibly-so-must-advocacy-groups
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 11:41:00 am by rangerrebew »