Author Topic: Letter to Senator Rand Paul (Native American Lands)  (Read 848 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Letter to Senator Rand Paul (Native American Lands)
« on: March 02, 2017, 05:31:26 am »
Letter to Senator Rand Paul

Dear Senator Rand Paul,

I am here to talk to you about the problem regarding the Native American’s land reserves. Normally, it wouldn’t be a problem but the highest rate of suicide in teens is the highest in any area in the United States. As you can probably understand Senator Rand Paul, I feel very strongly about this and I hope that you will take a moment out of your day to read this and perhaps think about doing something about it.

The Native Americans have been pushed off their lands for centuries and we had promised them in a treaty that their new land wouldn’t be taken from them.  According to the news source Theguardian  stated here, “The UN said that this reservation is an example where returning land taken by the U.S. could improve the tribe's economy, as well as start a "process of healing".  "At this Reservation, people have seen over time that the U.S. has taken more and more land, and they've lost huge territories. There are clear examples of broken treaties.  It is clear that the Black Hills was given to them by treaty, and that treaty was just ignored the United States in the 1900s. The US Supreme Court agrees," the UN Investigator said.  If the Black Hills were returned to the tribe, the Reservation would have natural resources, and a way to earn enough money to survive.” This shows that the US has forced them off of land they need to survive. For example: Some of the exterior land on the Indian land reserves are incredibly fertile and when farmers realized that it was they pushed back the Native Americans off the fertile land onto very infertile land.

Continued: http://www.teenink.com/opinion/current_events_politics/article/945088/Letter-to-Senator-Rand-Paul/

This letter is not talking about giving back the US to Native Americans, just some of the lands that were promised them in treaties.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:32:16 am by TomSea »

geronl

Re: Letter to Senator Rand Paul (Native American Lands)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 05:43:25 am »
Trump- is going to renegotiate those treaties because they were way too easy on those injuns!

:tongue2:

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Letter to Senator Rand Paul (Native American Lands)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:59:27 am »
This letter is not talking about giving back the US to Native Americans, just some of the lands that were promised them in treaties.

Tommy. This isn't talking about shit. This is some kids school project using half assed materials the teacher gave him....

This was mainly a school project, so I take no credit for what resources my teacher had given me. But mainly my reasoning for making this is because I wanted to make awareness about this problem that the native americans are being pushed off of there land reserves.

The Black Hills are in S Dakota, so why write to a TN Senator? The kid is so uninformed that at no point does this idiot even mention the aggrieved Indian tribe. The Lakota stole it from the Cheyenne in 1776, so which one of them gets the land?

In short, what is the point of spamming the boards with this garbage?