Author Topic: Chris Pratt on Hunting [video clip]  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Chris Pratt on Hunting [video clip]
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 02:26:54 pm »
Thanks! It was a good video. When he said "then you have six or seven hundred pounds of meat in the freezer", what was he hunting? I don't think I had that much when I came back with four deer from a hunt in Mason.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 02:34:15 pm »
@Elderberry
It'd have to be elk or moose.   Maybe a grizzly but it doesnt seem like he was talking about a bear.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 02:39:07 pm »
The moron from The Office is a hunter?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 02:40:32 pm »
The moron from The Office is a hunter?

I know, it's hard to take someone named "Pratt" seriously.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 06:01:29 pm »
Good video, sounds like he knows what he's talking about versus the moronic trolls always putting someone down.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 06:13:53 pm »
Thanks! It was a good video. When he said "then you have six or seven hundred pounds of meat in the freezer", what was he hunting? I don't think I had that much when I came back with four deer from a hunt in Mason.

That's right... maybe an elk or a big bear... or maybe he was speaking to the final result of the season, or en toto.

Whatever... it seems to me he's been there, and done that...
And I really do pity the man who has never been on a hunt.
I consider it to be among the most important rites of passage.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 12:30:50 am »
That's right... maybe an elk or a big bear... or maybe he was speaking to the final result of the season, or en toto.

Whatever... it seems to me he's been there, and done that...
And I really do pity the man who has never been on a hunt.
I consider it to be among the most important rites of passage.

Same. Don't hunt much myself (It's not like we need the meat. I do go hunting every year, but I'm helping out an old mate by tracking and dispatching anything the townies wound then fail to follow. Deer shouldn't suffer because someone is a wealthy waste of oxygen.) but I took every one of my kids hunting when they turned 11. Three of the grandkids so far, too.
It is one of the rites of passage in our family, along with first communion and first blade.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 12:42:12 am »
[...] I took every one of my kids hunting when they turned 11. Three of the grandkids so far, too.
It is one of the rites of passage in our family, along with first communion and first blade.

Same here. The first kill (gopher, squirrel) I gave my sons a pen knife... The first big kill (big game) is the awarding of the first hunting knife. My eldest grandson probably will not go that way (bookish sort), but the rest of them will.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 01:33:48 am »
I know, it's hard to take someone named "Pratt" seriously.

Crisp Rat.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 05:20:19 pm »
Same here. The first kill (gopher, squirrel) I gave my sons a pen knife... The first big kill (big game) is the awarding of the first hunting knife. My eldest grandson probably will not go that way (bookish sort), but the rest of them will.
The first deer I killed, my older sister's boyfriend, a descendant of Quanah Parker, took a tooth and encased it in, looked like amber, for me.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 11:05:52 pm »
The first deer I killed, my older sister's boyfriend, a descendant of Quanah Parker, took a tooth and encased it in, looked like amber, for me.

That's a GREAT idea.

I've still got my Western pen knife, after all these years... Given to me by one of my mentors, an Army scout, for my first kill over 500 yds...  A gopher. That knife has been in my front right pocket almost all my life - Its not my go-to knife - That's a big folding Schrade I keep in my right rear pocket - But that ol girl is the one I keep wicked sharp, and it's my sliver-gitter, every time. Such things are treasures.