Author Topic: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi acknowledges defeat in Iraq (Political Rules of Engagement)  (Read 7939 times)

Offline LonestarDream

ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi issued a statement acknowledging the group’s defeat in Iraq, as he urged supporters to either hide or flee, Iraqi television network, Alsumaria, quoted local sources as saying.

According to the sources in the Iraqi governorate of Nineveh, Al-Baghdadi’s statement was titled ‘farewell speech’ and was distributed among ISIS’ preachers and clerics on Tuesday.

Al-Baghdadi ordered the closure of the ISIS office regulating their fighters and ordered non-Arab fighters to either return to their countries or detonate themselves
, promising them “72 women in heaven.”

Many of ISIS’ leaders in Iraq has now fled towards the group’s controlled areas in neighboring Syria, the source added.

Iraqi forces backed by international and US aid have been advancing towards ISIS-occupied areas in Iraq over the past weeks, where the terrorist organization suffered one defeat after another in Mosul.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2017/03/01/ISIS-leader-Al-Baghdadi-acknowledges-defeat-in-Iraq.html
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:00:11 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi acknowledges defeat in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 01:22:14 pm »
Hopefully, Trump will give some exposure to this, if it is confirmed.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 01:38:09 pm »
Who will be the occupation force? I'll bet Russian and Iran assume it will be them.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:15:33 pm »
They can be defeated, the problem is they will spring up 2 or 3 years later.

Story belongs in World News.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 03:19:24 pm »
@don-o
@Bigun

Has there been ANY reporting on this in the 'Main Stream Media'

Fox?

I dont .  I see the raw reports digging in Bing and google, but are ppl being informed?

Not to my knowledge. But why would they report it?  It doesn't fit their template.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 03:20:14 pm »
Why is he still alive?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 03:22:43 pm »
@don-o
@Bigun

Has there been ANY reporting on this in the 'Main Stream Media'

Fox?

I dont .  I see the raw reports digging in Bing and google, but are ppl being informed?

Nothing from cnn. Switching to Fox

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 03:24:12 pm »
They can be defeated, the problem is they will spring up 2 or 3 years later.

Story belongs in World News.
For some reason, that is where threads go to die.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 04:39:30 pm »
I don't really know anymore ...

There have been so many news in the past about Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi being either killed or severely wounded that I have grown skeptical of this latest press release.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 05:20:08 pm »
Can someone explain to me why the war against terrorism in Iraq had to be won TWICE !?! 
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 05:28:29 pm »
Can someone explain to me why the war against terrorism in Iraq had to be won TWICE !?! 

Bush's failure was not accounting for other bad actors besides Sadaam. Obama's success was a deliberate plan to promote Iran to hegemon status.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 05:51:11 pm »
The Sunni Iragis and Kurds will be boosted with this win.

We shall see. Hopes are high; confidence not so much.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 05:55:52 pm »
McMaster is a Bushie.

Trump ignored him and called out Radical Islam.

That he did. Whether it is wise or not remains to be seen.

Offline TomSea

http://nypost.com/2016/10/03/isis-leader-al-baghdadi-may-have-been-poisoned/
Al Baghdadi may have been poisoned, Oct. 2016

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/2015/0421/Was-IS-leader-Abu-Bakr-al-Baghdadi-injured-video
"Was Baghdadi injured", April 2015

This is all good news but something to keep a cautious eye on.

We've been through victory accomplished before.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:10:26 pm by TomSea »

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 07:35:33 pm »
Bush's failure was not accounting for other bad actors besides Sadaam. Obama's success was a deliberate plan to promote Iran to hegemon status.

Well, I actually know the answer to my own question and it has to do with the Clown-Without-Makeup-in-Chief.

First a point of information - Don is correct in one regard about Bush 43 not fully accounting for the chaos and resultant rise of insurgency (terrorist networks) after strongman Saddam was hanged.

However, sustained military effort combined with two military surges had reduced the insurgency and the terrorist network operations significantly by the time Bush 43's administration was out of office. Deaths from terrorist attacks had declined to very low numbers and stabilized across all regions. Violence was down to record lows, oil revenue was up to record highs. Things looked brighter for the future of that part of the world than they had in centuries.

Two successful national elections had taken place and the Free Iraqi government had been formed with an effective, pro-Western, pro-U.S. leader (Maliki) in place as President.

The Bush State department team had negotiated a Residual Forces Agreement with Maliki that had only one or two sticking points left to work out (the biggest concerning giving immunity from prosecution for war crimes to our troops) when the Obama administration took over. That agreement would have left an effective close-air support and special operations force in the country (around 20-30 thousands troops, gun ships, armor and an air base) to fortify the security gains and assist the Iraqi military in enforcing order inside the country indefinitely.

When the Eightball Obama took over, instead of following the recommendations of the outgoing administration and working out the last details with Maliki using his emergency powers (to avoid going through the anti-American-infested Iraqi legislature), the Eightball DEMANDED that the RF agreement be put before the legislature knowing full well that it would be defeated (because Maliki told him that it would be defeated and begged the Eightball to allow him to use his emergency powers to resolve the issue instead).

See, the Eightball Obama, being a monstrous political pig, needed an excuse to do an immediate total pullout of U.S. forces because he was trying to score points with his pacifist, radical anti-war base. The defeat of the RFA gave him exactly the excuse he needed. Selah!   

Even though the Eightball Obama administration was warned by his military advisors not to force the agreement through the legislature at risk of defeat, he did it anyway - for 100% political reasons!!!

As a result of this horrendous, inhuman travesty in failing to leave a strong residual force to support the fledgling government, a series of political avalanches ensued in the region. With the Alpha Dog gone, corruption and dissention ran rampant in the Iraqi government / military. Morale in the military collapsed. This severely weakened the new government forcing Maliki to fall back on hardline support from his own Sunni factions to maintain control of the country, alienating both the Kurds and the Shia population /government.

This caused major problems with the fragile Sunni/Shia coalition. As a result, the new government lost its influence over many sectors of the nation and they started to decline back into chaos. As the discipline of the free Iraqi military imploded, security gains also fell apart, Shia militia operatives poured in from Iran and tribal leaders once again turned a blind eye to terrorist network activity in their regions, because they no longer trusted the government to protect them.

One thing led to another and after about a year, Sunni Salafist terror networks realized that the Eightball Obama was a fully predictable political animal who would not authorize redeployment of U.S. forces to Iraq because he didn't think it was in his own political best interests to do so. So they terrorist networks put out the word around the world for all former al Queda and other Salafist terrorists to come to Iraq to continue their jihad to take over the world.

By the time the Eightball Obama was forced by political pressure to finally admit that effective international terrorist networks had returned to Iraq and that they were growing stronger and more active internationally every week, it was too late for anything but a large scale operation to reverse the gains of ISIL. The muzz terrorists boldly announced that they were no longer ISIL but that they were now ISIS (the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria) and marched across Iraq to attack Syria weakened by civil war.

The rest is history - all Hell broke loose and we are still in the midst of trying to contain ISIS and their brethren all over the world. Had the Eightball finished the process of leaving an effective residual force in Iraq instead of willfully allowing it to fail (using the lame excuse that it was "the choice of the Iraqi people" which it wasn't - it was the choice of the anti-American factions in the Iraqi legislature), ISIL and ISIS never would have gotten off the ground. The U.S. military working with the free Iraqi government would have maintained security and Iraq would likely have gone in a completely different direction and ISIS would never have become what it is today - far stronger than al Queda ever was. 

The hundreds of billions of dollars in oil revenue that ISIS stole and diverted to their terrorist networks would instead have gone to the Iraqi people improving conditions there and stabilizing the government.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 08:46:24 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline corbe

Well, I actually know the answer to my own question and it has to do with the Clown-Without-Makeup-in-Chief.

Very concise and a brilliant summary, thanks for sharing @LateForLunch
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Thanks for the links

Offline TomSea

12,000 - 15,000 ISIS militants remain in Syria/Iraq. So at their most powerful, I guess, they were about 40-50,000 strong.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2017/03/02/Up-to-15-000-ISIS-fighters-remain-in-Iraq-and-Syria.html
Between 12,000 and 15,000 ISIS militants remain in Iraq and Syria, a top US general said Wednesday, an indication of a significant dwindling of the militants’ forces.

The US military only provides periodic updates on estimates of ISIS fighters but in 2015 and 2016, the Pentagon put the number at between 20,000 and 30,000 in the two countries.

It was that one summer, probably 2014, maybe 2013 and it really was like hell, every day reports of atrocities. The devil on earth.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Just saw a report where western Mosul is down to 2500 ISIS fighters.

ISIS is completely encircled.  The old town mosque got shelled as you can see above.

There wont be the 'baby milk factory' routine this time.

Those 12 -15K ISIS fighters mentioned above are pretty much all looking for the exits about now I imagine!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Typical anti-American propaganda from NBC News.  Trump should kick NBC out of press briefings. 

oppo is a "motley collection". And of course, blithely ignores the blundering (?) of Obama

Offline LateForLunch

It just occurred to me that this is all taking place in the immediate aftermath of a Republican president being sworn in as POTUS. Gee, you don't suppose that has anything to do with the shift in momentum so drastically against Daesh !?!

You don't suppose this is similar to what happened when Reagan was sworn in and the Iranian's gave back the hostages in 1980?

Offline LateForLunch

Trump changed the rules of engagement.  Airstrikes are finally being called in.

Has everything to do with Trump.

Thanks for the information, (I did not know that)!

If true (and I have no reason to doubt you) that is in perfect line with the stated strategery(sic)  outlined by president Trump's Strategic Initiatives Group leader Dr. Sebastian Gorka who has decried the "gutless, feckless dissembling" of the Eigthball Obama administration in refusing to refer to or directly address radical Islamic terrorism.

Gorka's most recent bestselling book, Defeating Jihad: The Winnable War Against Radical Islam, he outlines how the West must take a multi-pronged approach to eradicating radical Islamic terrorist networks by not only attacking them militarily but also including killing them in large numbers as part of a concerted, focused global campaign to crush the recruitment efforts of Daesh et al. He says that would be best done by demoralizing those who fight for them and making an example of them to the recruits they contact. Then the recruits will see that their heroes are dying horribly screaming, rather than allowing them to believe that they are part of some glorious, powerful new march to victory.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:05:55 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline LateForLunch

@don-o The Iraqi government is VERY worried about the Shiite PMU entering Tal - aFar.

It is turkish ethnicity and Turkey has threatened intervention ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgTyUY3zdkE

Thanks for posting that video. One of the big problems for the free Iraqi government is the extreme level of enmity in all of the competing factions. Turkey's leader (Erdogan) is strongly aligned with Sunnis but also has done a lot of business with Shiite -ruled Iran and the Arab street in general. Some have said that the best solution for this is to partition Iraq into discrete autonomous regions so that there is less fighting over territorial hegemony.

That seems like a workable idea to me and worthy of examination even though it was also proposed by Dopey Joe Biden when he was VP. I think that last thing is a case of a blind pig finding an acorn. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. So a good perspective on that might be that it is a good idea notwithstanding the fact that a complete idiot like Dopey Joe also endorsed it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 06:11:31 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline TomSea