Author Topic: There's a decades-long modernization lag for Army combat vehicles  (Read 430 times)

rangerrebew

There's a decades-long modernization lag for Army combat vehicles

By: Jen Judson, February 28, 2017 (Photo Credit: Maj. Randy Ready / 1st Armor Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division)
WASHINGTON -- A years-long period of reduced modernization budgets has caused a major lag -- potentially up to 30 years for some rides -- in upgrading the Army's combat vehicles, the Army general in charge of the fleet said.

“I can tell you right now the level of investment in my portfolio is unacceptably low,” Maj. Gen. David Bassett said Monday at a Lexington Institute forum on Army rapid acquisition.

The current investment has only allowed the service to make very capable upgrades to its fleet -- which would require “decades to touch all of our armored brigade combat team formations,” Bassett said.

http://www.defensenews.com/articles/theres-a-decades-long-modernization-lag-for-army-combat-vehicles
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:25:31 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: There's a decades-long modernization lag for Army combat vehicles
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:27:28 am »
It seems all four branches, and probably the Coast Guard, are woefully prepared for combat.  I doubt the Imam Obama and the commiecrats had anything to do with that, though. :ODIO:.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:27:55 am by rangerrebew »