Author Topic: NYPD official tells Trump that 'nobody' will get deported for jumping turnstile  (Read 466 times)

rangerrebew

NYPD official tells Trump that 'nobody' will get deported for jumping turnstile

Published February 24, 2017
FoxNews.com

A top New York Police Department official said Friday that jumping a subway turnstile—a minor offense—will not get you deported if you are an illegal immigrant.

“Even if you're a recidivist and jumped a turnstile for the fourth or tenth time, and we arrest you for the misdemeanor crime, that’s a misdemeanor — it’s not a qualifying” Larry Byrne, the deputy commissioner for legal affairs, told reporters, according to Politico. “Nobody is getting deported for a minor offense.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/24/nypd-official-tells-trump-that-nobody-will-get-deported-for-jumping-turnstile.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Would someone tell that legal genius that being here illegally is the offense that would get someone deported. If they call attention to that illegal presence by jumping turnstiles, well, that's their bad.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Would someone tell that legal genius that being here illegally is the offense that would get someone deported. If they call attention to that illegal presence by jumping turnstiles, well, that's their bad.
What's the point, if they were actually enlightened they would just order the police to not cite or arrest anyone for a misdemeanor if they even remotely look like they come from a locale that illegals relocate from. As a matter of fact the liberals would be overjoyed if only Whites were targeted for enforcement, be very sure of course to not accidently target a White Hispanic.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What's the point, if they were actually enlightened they would just order the police to not cite or arrest anyone for a misdemeanor if they even remotely look like they come from a locale that illegals relocate from. As a matter of fact the liberals would be overjoyed if only Whites were targeted for enforcement, be very sure of course to not accidently target a White Hispanic.
Aren't these the guys who liked 'stop and frisk'? (Real questionable vis-a-vis the 4th Amendment). Why would I wonder why they wouldn't want to uphold a law?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis