Author Topic: Is Fibromyalgia Real? Common Misconceptions About the Condition  (Read 688 times)

rangerrebew

Is Fibromyalgia Real? Common Misconceptions About the Condition
« on: February 28, 2017, 11:32:18 am »
Is Fibromyalgia Real? Common Misconceptions About the Condition
Written by Foram MehtaReviewed by Alana Biggers, MD, MPH
Last reviewed: Fri 10 February 2017
email
111Share

Fibromyalgia is a common health condition marked by widespread sensitivity and pain in the muscle and joints. For many people diagnosed with fibromyalgia, the pain and tenderness is constant, but the severity changes from time to time.

The symptoms of fibromyalgia were first described in the early 1800s when the condition was called "muscular rheumatism," but fibromyalgia is still largely a mystery in the medical community today.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315721.php
As such, many misconceptions exist about what causes fibromyalgia, its symptoms, and how to treat it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 11:33:04 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Is Fibromyalgia Real? Common Misconceptions About the Condition
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 12:01:46 pm »
Just because doctors don't understand something doesn't make it real. I know a friend who would have much preferred to live an active and pain free life these last twenty years. Now either the docs (finally) got the diagnosis wrong, or fibromyalgia is definitely real.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis