Author Topic: An American World War II hero who helped save John F. Kennedy's life in World War II has just passed:  (Read 461 times)

rangerrebew

An American World War II hero who helped save John F. Kennedy's life in World War II has just passed:

It was 1941 and William “Bud” Liebenow had just graduated from college and was ready to embark on the next chapter of his life.
Sponsored Video: Protesters Disrupt Prayer at Town Hall

However, everything changed on December 7, 1941, when Pearl Harbor was attacked by Japanese aircraft, igniting the start of World War II.

It was then that Bud made the decision to serve his country and joined the Navy where he worked on armed combat ships known as PT boats:

http://ijr.com/2017/02/811666-former-wwii-navy-veteran-who-helped-save-jfk-in-combat-passes-away-at-97/
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:41:48 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Rest in peace with honor, but I can't help think what might have been if something mightn't have been.

Offline dfwgator

Rest in peace with honor, but I can't help think what might have been if something mightn't have been.

I hear you.

Wingnut

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
In those days it was enlist, or be drafted in many cases. My father enlisted at age 17, into the Marine Corps.

I personally believe we are a better society, with more veterans in the mix.

During WWII our population was 160 million and 10% served in uniform.

Figuring few women served, and 1/2 of population are men, then the 16 million that served made up nearly 20% of the population.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln