Author Topic: Interview: This Male Student Was Expelled for Raping His Girlfriend Even Though She Said He Did Nothing Wrong  (Read 345 times)

rangerrebew

Interview: This Male Student Was Expelled for Raping His Girlfriend Even Though She Said He Did Nothing Wrong
"I would not want this to happen to anybody," says Grant Neal, formerly of Colorado State University-Pueblo. "I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy."

Robby Soave|Feb. 27, 2017 8:31 am

NealScreenshot via CBSThere was one moment during Colorado State University-Pueblo's investigation into sophomore Grant Neal—an athlete accused, and eventually expelled, for sexually assaulting his girlfriend—that made Neal realized he was about to be railroaded.

Neal's girlfriend, Jane Doe, never accused him of wrongdoing, and famously stated, "I'm fine and I wasn't raped." But CSU-Pueblo initiated an inquiry into their forbidden relationship, which violated an informal rule about physical trainers dating athletes. The university prohibited them from contacting one another during the course of the investigation, but Doe paid little heed to the no-contact order and sent Neal several supportive messages.

http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/27/interview-student-expelled-for-rape-even
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:58:50 pm by rangerrebew »