Author Topic: Trump, CPAC and the Waldo Congress  (Read 359 times)

Offline endicom

Trump, CPAC and the Waldo Congress
« on: February 27, 2017, 02:08:18 am »
PJ Media
Andrew Klavan
Feb. 26, 2017

Excerpt:

But day by day, it's beginning to dawn on me: there is a fourth stage, too, a stage that is so far dark. Congress. The Waldo Congress, I call them, because — where the hell are they?

House Speaker Paul Ryan has put his reputation on the line by telling Sean Hannity that the major parts of the Trump agenda will be accomplished in the first two hundred days: "Inside the two hundred day window is the regulatory reforms we talked about, is the repeal and replace Obamacare; it's the budget; it's the rebuilding of our military; it's tax reform... and infrastructure." Meanwhile, Congressmen Dave Brat and Mark Meadows tell Sean they see no indication any of this will get done; RealClearPolitics reporter A.B. Stoddard says there's no will to accomplish tax reform on the Hill (I have no link, but she said it on Fox News's Special Report); and Drudge links to stories almost daily saying Obamacare repeal will never happen.

More... https://pjmedia.com/andrewklavan/2017/02/26/trump-cpac-and-the-waldo-congress/

geronl

Re: Trump, CPAC and the Waldo Congress
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 07:22:05 am »
Congress is made up of two deliberative bodies and is designed not to act speedily.

Apparently Trumpers would like to see another night of broken glass and rule by decree.