Author Topic: Anybody else here seen "GET OUT"?  (Read 1092 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Anybody else here seen "GET OUT"?
« on: February 27, 2017, 01:24:09 am »
Anybody else here seen "GET OUT"?

So, I've got the local FOX affiliate on in the morning, and on comes Kevin McCarthy, the FOX movie critic.

Not knowing what movie he was speaking of....I'm seeing him jumping up and down in his chair, he was so excited....saying that it was the first 5-star rating he's handed out in eons....and that Rotten Tomatoes had given it and still maintains a 100 rating.

It's about a young couple...she's white, he's black....and they're about to drive for the weekend to meet her parents and brother at their secluded estate home in the country.

It's heart-pounding....scary, yet enough comedic relief to keep your eyes glued to the screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzVdzJvVdWE
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:36:55 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Anybody else here seen "GET OUT"?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 01:29:31 am »
Its a variation of an old story.

Bring an outsider in. Wine him and dine him then hunt him.

Gary Busey hunted Ice T last time out I believe.

Reading the wiki plot, it does appear to be quite different than my impression from the trailer. Looks good though.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:36:00 am by Cripplecreek »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 01:35:13 am »
Its a variation of an old story.

Bring an outsider in. Wine him and dine him then hunt him.

Gary Busey hunted Ice T last time out I believe.

LOL!   That's not only NOT in the same league.....it's not the same 'sport'.  (IMHO)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 01:35:39 am »
I'm still trying to figure out "Arrival"   I ain't got no time for "get Out"

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 01:40:14 am »
I'm still trying to figure out "Arrival"   I ain't got no time for "get Out"

Passed on Arrival.....

Suggest you make time.    :laugh:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 01:42:00 am »
LOL!   That's not only NOT in the same league.....it's not the same 'sport'.  (IMHO)

Just looking at the trailer it looks like "Surviving the game" but reading about it tells me that its very different.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 02:15:26 am »
Just looking at the trailer it looks like "Surviving the game" but reading about it tells me that its very different.

Oh yeah.....

I would like somebody to explain to me though.....how he got the cotton in his ears (from the chair arm padding), while he was strapped by his wrists and feet to that chair.

(The spoon tinkling on the side of the cup....puts him back to sleep)

Can't go into it without spoiling it for someone.....   damn!   LOL!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 03:40:16 am »
Big buzz about this movie now. Lots of ads on tv.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 02:31:00 pm »
I've read a number of reviews but I don't plan on watching the flick. From what I've read it looks like another "white people doing terrible things to black people" movie.   Has there ever been a "black people doing terrible things to white people" movie?  I rest my case.