Author Topic: Ben Stein rips into CNN while on CNN! It’s ‘what they did to Nixon’ – stop using Trump as a punching bag  (Read 2446 times)

rangerrebew

Ben Stein rips into CNN while on CNN! It’s ‘what they did to Nixon’ – stop using Trump as a punching bag
February 26, 2017 | Samantha Chang | Print Article   

SHARE9.1K TWEET75 PIN0 PLUS18 EMAIL

You know you’re skating on thin ice when your biased attacks have anti-Trumpers defending the president.

Economist and former Nixon speechwriter Ben Stein told CNN shill Brianna Keilar that “I’m not surprised and I’m not disappointed” that President Trump will skip the White House Correspondents Dinner.

“I don’t blame him for not wanting to go and be a punching bag in person,” Stein said.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/02/26/ben-stein-rips-cnn-cnn-nixon-stop-using-trump-punching-bag-452825
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:46:44 pm by rangerrebew »

Wingnut

"the media consider themselves “unelected aristocracy” when they’re actually “an effete corps of impudent snobs who are dumping all over the mainstream of America."

Can't argue with that.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Donnie the delicate flower isn't the first and isn't special.

Its time for him to stop acting like a little girl and be a man for the first time in his life.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Don't you think, at least in a small part, that Trump bring a lot on himself?

He uses his Twitter account to mock his opponents and the media. And brag about himself.

I have trouble feeling sorry for him, honestly.

Offline Cripplecreek

He uses his Twitter account to mock his opponents and the media. And brag about himself.

Hugo Chavez

Offline Frank Cannon

NO!

Which is awesome because it sets pearl clutching snowflakes off.

I don't recall anyone asking for your pity. As a matter of fact your petty Trump rage is entertaining.

Wingnut

NO!

I don't recall anyone asking for your pity. As a matter of fact your petty Trump rage is entertaining.

@Frank Cannon
The Wierd Trollish Fellow hates him some Trump.  You will not be able to convince him of anything.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon
The Wierd Trollish Fellow hates him some Trump.  You will not be able to convince him of anything.

That is true, but I still like poking him in the eye.

Wingnut

That is true, but I still like poking him in the eye.

I like your style!    888high58888

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Fuzzy On The Concept

Sooner or later someone will pose the question, "What's wrong with facts?".  On my TV I get 6 "news" stations with each one pushing their own agenda.  Maybe we should have a 7th channel called The Other News that reports what all the others have deemed un-newsworthy.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Relax, no one is asking you to feel sorry for POTUS.  And, no, unless you believe the President's role is to continue to take the crap we've been raging against for a decade, POTUS is not bringing this on himself.

What a distortedly liberal view you have sometimes @Weird Tolkienish Figure    **nononono*

• Technical
Relax, no one is asking you to feel sorry for POTUS.  And, no, unless you believe the President's role is to continue to take the crap we've been raging against for a decade, POTUS is not bringing this on himself.

What a distortedly liberal view you have sometimes @Weird Tolkienish Figure    **nononono*

The President has a symbiotic relationship with the media. I think it's a distraction.

Offline Cripplecreek

The President has a symbiotic relationship with the media. I think it's a distraction.

Of course its a distraction.

With all the time taken up by hating the media, Hollywood, immigrants, muslims, democrats and any republican who isn't Trump there just isn't any room for conservatism, constitutionalism, or federalism. Anyone who has studied progressivism and their methods recognizes the handiwork of Cloward Piven, Alinsky, Sunstein and others.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

So, wait, you think Trump isn't going to the media dinner and it's because he and the media are working together to make him look good?  You think that if he did go to the dinner they would somehow make him look good and not rip him for 3 hours (or however long the event is)?  You really think that? 

Wingnut

Au contraire my Little TF.  It is not a symbiotic relationship at all, but rather a A parasitic relationship with the press as the parasite.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I reluctantly agree with the President. The media will be in full rabid vulgar disrespectful froth and it's better if he doesn't "dignify" the event with his presence.

The media has been in White House protection mode for 8 years. They are ready to unleash.
Countdown to Resignation

• Technical
So, wait, you think Trump isn't going to the media dinner and it's because he and the media are working together to make him look good?  You think that if he did go to the dinner they would somehow make him look good and not rip him for 3 hours (or however long the event is)?  You really think that?

Like I said above, Trump brings a lot of this stuff on himself. That being said, you're probably right about this particular event.

Offline Cripplecreek

Like I said above, Trump brings a lot of this stuff on himself. That being said, you're probably right about this particular event.

@Sanguine

The fight with the media is a distraction and has been since the very beginning.

Hugo Chavez did the same crap to keep people focused elsewhere. Keep the people focused on an ever growing list of enemies so they don't start watching the leader and noticing his failures.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

The fight with the media is a distraction and has been since the very beginning.

Hugo Chavez did the same crap to keep people focused elsewhere. Keep the people focused on an ever growing list of enemies so they don't start watching the leader and noticing his failures.

OK, CC.  I understand what you are saying.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"the media consider themselves “unelected aristocracy” when they’re actually “an effete corps of impudent snobs who are dumping all over the mainstream of America."

Can't argue with that.
:amen:

I would only add the word "inbred" between the words "unelected" and "aristocracy".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
NO!

@Frank Cannon

BINGO,to it all!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The President has a symbiotic relationship with the media.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Really? Where is that carved in stone,Mt,Rushmore? Over the doorway of the NYT? Where?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Of course its a distraction.

With all the time taken up by hating the media, Hollywood, immigrants, muslims, democrats and any republican who isn't Trump there just isn't any room for conservatism, constitutionalism, or federalism. Anyone who has studied progressivism and their methods recognizes the handiwork of Cloward Piven, Alinsky, Sunstein and others.

@Cripplecreek

I guess you are just smarter than the rest of us,who don't think surrendering to the left is the way to defeat them.

• Technical
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Really? Where is that carved in stone,Mt,Rushmore? Over the doorway of the NYT? Where?

Personal observation bucko.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Au contraire my Little TF.  It is not a symbiotic relationship at all, but rather a A parasitic relationship with the press as the parasite.
@Wingnut  :amen:

The role they were born to play.