Author Topic: Civil Disobedience  (Read 446 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Civil Disobedience
« on: February 26, 2017, 06:43:34 pm »
Essence

Why are you not practicing Civil Disobedience?
by SARTRE

The abstraction of dissent becoming successful reality, through the practice of civil disobedience, is most closely associated with Mahatma Gandhi. The fate of over half a billion population, was transformed out of the convictions and actions of an uncommon and extraordinary mystic. Whatever your sentiments about colonial rule and empire, none can deny that the independence of India would have a very different face, without the man in the home-spun loincloth and traditional shawl.

continued...

Complement

Nullifying Civil Disobedience
by George F. Smith

Americans today should gave thanks we don't live in colonial times.  Back then we would be surrounded by traitors who had serious grievances with the law, especially the part that taxed them.  Lacking a sound public education, these upstarts didn't understand that a great empire like Britain needed massive transfusions of revenue to sustain it.  In their ignorance the rebels armed themselves with guns (!) and overthrew the government.

continued...

http://batr.org/verity/id11.html
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline endicom

Re: Civil Disobedience
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 07:29:39 pm »
Be careful with this guy calling himself SARTRE. He long ago showed up in conservative and libertarian fora, including FR, and did for a while attract people to his site. That didn't last.

Offline endicom

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Civil Disobedience
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 08:19:09 pm »
Be careful with this guy calling himself SARTRE. He long ago showed up in conservative and libertarian fora, including FR, and did for a while attract people to his site. That didn't last.

The issue is NOT about SARTRE, it is about the Ideas. The sum total of most of these posts avoid the arguments in the article.

So far your attempt to pledge loyalty to FR betrays conservative principles. SARTRE

Sooo...which of the above article viewpoints did you disagree/agree with and why? That is their point. That is my point.

Information is neither good or bad. It is how you process it that counts.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley