Author Topic: Deep State Neuroscientists Believe They Can Turn Off Free Will  (Read 985 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Deep State Neuroscientists Believe They Can Turn Off Free Will
« on: February 26, 2017, 04:43:16 pm »
Nathaniel Mauka, Staff Writer
Waking Times

Neuroscientists have argued whether we even have free will, but now they want to turn it off.
The Libet Experiment

In the 1980s scientist Benjamin Libet conducted an experiment. He ‘discovered’ that what seems to be free will or the conscious choice to do or not do something is really just the observance of something that has already happened. This completely rocked the foundations of what most thought of as a prerequisite for being human, and the long-held religious view that free-will must always be honored.

Libet recorded people’s brainwaves as they made spontaneous finger movements while looking at a clock. The participants in the study were to tell researchers the time at which they decided to wave their fingers. Libet found that there were several milliseconds of preparatory brain activity prior to the time that people reported the conscious act of waving their fingers. His findings were taken as gospel that free will did not exist. Now we call this preparatory action of the brain the ‘readiness potential.’

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2017/02/22/deep-state-neuroscientists-believe-can-turn-off-free-will/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Suppressed

Re: Deep State Neuroscientists Believe They Can Turn Off Free Will
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 10:24:36 pm »
I look forward to seeing the result of this.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline r9etb

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 12:51:31 am »

I meant for you to say that.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 12:52:25 am »

Its gonna cost ya.

I wonder if it matters if you look forward, sideways, or back?

And from a religious perspective the best use of free will is to give it back to the giver.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline r9etb

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 01:04:44 am »
Libet recorded people’s brainwaves as they made spontaneous finger movements while looking at a clock. The participants in the study were to tell researchers the time at which they decided to wave their fingers. Libet found that there were several milliseconds of preparatory brain activity prior to the time that people reported the conscious act of waving their fingers. His findings were taken as gospel that free will did not exist. Now we call this preparatory action of the brain the ‘readiness potential.’

Well, that's silly.  The participants knew what they were supposed to do, and needed only to pick a time.  Apparently the act of deciding when -- the delay -- doesn't count toward "free will."

Sounds to me like Libet went in with a preconceived notion, and "proved" it by drawing an artificial line.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 01:05:20 am »
I meant for you to say that.

It...was....YOUUUU!