Author Topic: Cruz Praises Harry Reid at CPAC: Thanks For the Most Conservative Cabinet in Decades  (Read 5485 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz Praises Harry Reid at CPAC: Thanks For the Most Conservative Cabinet in Decades
Rusty Featured Contributor  February 23, 2017

During a ‘Conversation about the Constitution’ segment at today’s Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), Senator Ted Cruz took a moment to destroy former Senator Harry Reid (D-NV) for setting the stage for the Democrats’ worst nightmare: allowing President Trump to get all of his cabinet picks confirmed.

Reid was behind the dramatic move to eliminate filibusters for most nominations by presidents when Democrats held control of the Senate and it was President Obama who was making nominations.

That move has come back to bite Reid and the weakened Democrat Party in the butt… Big League!

“Since January 20th I’ve raised the glass and toasted Harry Reid,” Cruz joked. “Because Harry Reid employed the so-called ‘nuclear option,’ broke the Senate rules to change the Senate rules, lowered the threshold for confirmation from 60 votes to 51 votes and it is a direct result of Harry Reid that we now have the most conservative cabinet in decades.”

Read more: http://thepoliticalinsider.com/ted-cruz-harry-reid-thanks-most-conservative-cabinet-decades/#ixzz4ZoFn0hXo

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well he's got a point. Whether Dingy Harry knows it or not he's done US a favor.

Let's just hope Turtle remembers to close that particular loophole when Republicans lost the majority. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

Cruz says Trump's cabinet is the most conservative in decades so good luck with the assertion Trump is not conservative, maybe he doesn't fill in every nook and cranny but:

Pro-Life
Border
Defense
States Rights.

He is certainly is doing well on some fronts.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well he's got a point. Whether Dingy Harry knows it or not he's done US a favor.

Let's just hope Turtle remembers to close that particular loophole when Republicans lost the majority.

I still can't, for the life of me, figure out why Oilcan Harry didn't fix that on the way out.  I was really expecting him to schedule a vote on that in December.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Cruz says Trump's cabinet is the most conservative in decades so good luck with the assertion Trump is not conservative, maybe he doesn't fill in every nook and cranny but:

Pro-Life
Border
Defense
States Rights.

He is certainly is doing well on some fronts.

Neither Bush was Conservative yet they had some very Conservative members of their Cabinet.

Your defense of Trump holds no water.

And the things you list...hes talked a good game so far...but there's been no meaningful substance yet.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I still can't, for the life of me, figure out why Oilcan Harry didn't fix that on the way out.  I was really expecting him to schedule a vote on that in December.

I think it points to the fatal arrogance of thr Libs.

They were so sure they were gonna win they didn't think they needed to fix it.

Offline TomSea

Is this now the umpteenth time the Cruz supporters disagree with Cruz? 

000hehehehe

Offline jpsb

And yet on another thread I have all the usual suspects telling me Trump is not a conservative. Well maybe is isn't but he is sure doing one hell of a good imitation.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Is this now the umpteenth time the Cruz supporters disagree with Cruz? 

000hehehehe

I agree with Cruz. My disagreement is with your misguided use of his words as a flaccid defense of Trump as the Conservative.

He's not. Time you and some others accept that.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And yet on another thread I have all the usual suspects telling me Trump is not a conservative. Well maybe is isn't but he is sure doing one hell of a good imitation.

He's not Conservative.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:52:09 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

He's not Conservative.

What the hell does this even mean?

@txradioguy

Offline TomSea

He's not Conservative.

Just selects a conservative cabinet, we get it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What the hell does this even mean?

@txradioguy

Trump is not Conservative.  Do I need to use smaller words?  Or write in crayon?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Just selects a conservative cabinet, we get it.

As I said...so did Bush 41 and 43.  RINO's and Rockefeller Republicans...or Dems who become Republicans shortly before they run for President...tend to do that to try and mask their shortcomings when it comes to their Conservative bona fides.

Offline jpsb

Trump is not Conservative.  Do I need to use smaller words?  Or write in crayon?

He believes in smaller government with less regulation.
He believes controlling to flow of people coming here.
He believes in America First trade policies.
He believes in securing our borders.
He believes in enforcing the rule of law.
He believes in a strong military.
He believes education policies should be set locally.
He believes in tax reform.
He believes in health care reform.
He does not believe in man made global warming.

Please tell me which of the above is not a conservative belief?

Offline dfwgator

He's not Conservative.

He's a hell of a lot more Conservative than Hillary would have been.

Offline TomSea

That's a good summary.

Some of us watched old Reaganite/Nixon hand Pat Buchanan be the Conservative on Crossfire or at another time, Robert Novak. Some of us could identify with that.

Trump really does take a lot from Buchanan. So, the naysayers in ways, just don't make sense. 

Their only way out is to now say Buchanan is not conservative, then, Ron Paul is not conservative and so on.  Nobody will think exactly as we as individuals do.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It all sounds great,, but the problem is a lot of us have heard that stuff from politicians before, and have been burned because many of the bullet points weren't true, just pandering. Only some time in office will expose his true beliefs.  I'm taking a cautiously hopeful stance, as are many others. 

Please try to leaven your criticism of folks who just aren't as sure as you are about Donald Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Neither Bush was Conservative yet they had some very Conservative members of their Cabinet.

Your defense of Trump holds no water.

And the things you list...hes talked a good game so far...but there's been no meaningful substance yet.

C'mon, tex, at least give him 7 or 8 weeks.

Still wondering what the Trump nitpickers want....do they want Trump impeached?  Or maybe just killed by a stray bullet.  Do they want the lunatic fringe to win?

I fought tooth and nail against the guy but I lost and he won.  And so far, yeah, he's still a jerk, but I like all his cabinet picks which is pretty remarkable.  I like his Supreme Court pick.  I like the fact that he wants to reduce regulations on business and give big and small business a shot in the arm

And I like that Trump, unlike dims and bleeding hearts, realizes that letting Muslims overrun the country is not a great idea.  Hello, Sweden.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

How much more regulation do you think there is going to be with his single payer health care plan?

Do you realize how much the regulatory arm is going to have to expand to regulate his upcoming tariff war?

He supports his daughter (and chief policy advisor) call for universal daycare.

How is that less regulation?

That's not smaller Government....that's an expansion.

Unless he needs foreign workers at mar-A-Largo.  Or to build Trump tower.

And last I looked the illegals are still coming.  Where's his EO instructing the Border patrol to step up enforcement of the border?

Why hasn't he told the border state Governors to get their NG units to the border and secure it and we (The Feds) will pay for it?

That's not Conservative.  It's nationalistic and will harm our economy.

So he says.

Really?  How so?

He's talked a good game...but again like with everything Trump...all smoke...no fire.

Then why isn't he proposing legislation to dismantle the Dept. of Ed?  Why did he ire a secretary for that agency that believes in Common Core?

SUre he does.  We all know his statements on the Reagan tax cuts that gave America the roaring economy that lasted into the 21st Century.

He believes in health care reform

Single payer...what Obama was really wanting...is NOT healthcare reform.

But his chief policy advisor...Ivanka does.

Just pointed out the fallacies and vapidness of your defense of our RINO President.

Not that a true believer like you would ever admit any of it is right.

He's got all these grand schemes and big pronouncements that go nowhere...sound and fury signifying nothing...when he could be more effective with a series of smaller steps that would show his bite is just as mean as his bark.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
C'mon, tex, at least give him 7 or 8 weeks.

Still wondering what the Trump nitpickers want....do they want Trump impeached?  Or maybe just killed by a stray bullet.  Do they want the lunatic fringe to win?

I fought tooth and nail against the guy but I lost and he won.  And so far, yeah, he's still a jerk, but I like all his cabinet picks which is pretty remarkable.  I like his Supreme Court pick.  I like the fact that he wants to reduce regulations on business and give big and small business a shot in the arm

And I like that Trump, unlike dims and bleeding hearts, realizes that letting Muslims overrun the country is not a great idea.  Hello, Sweden.

According to all the acolytes before he was sworn in...he was going to fulfill all his promises before the first 100 days was up?

Those of us that were skeptical of Donny...that saw the flaws in what he was saying...are just holding him accountable for what he promised and his fanboi's said he would deliver on.

Me personally...I'd just like his defenders to start living in reality.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 05:31:59 pm by txradioguy »

Offline jpsb

That's a good summary.

Some of us watched old Reaganite/Nixon hand Pat Buchanan be the Conservative on Crossfire or at another time, Robert Novak. Some of us could identify with that.

Trump really does take a lot from Buchanan. So, the naysayers in ways, just don't make sense. 

Their only way out is to now say Buchanan is not conservative, then, Ron Paul is not conservative and so on.  Nobody will think exactly as we as individuals do.

It would be a very wise move to bring Pat into his circle of advisers. Pat is one very smart man. I would not necessarily make Pat part of the Trump administration. Progressives would have a fit. But I'd have him on call when I was trying to think thru a issue. Ron Paul is very good on domestic issues. Always enjoy getting his take on things domestic, now on foreign policy his is a nut job. LOL
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 05:39:58 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

It all sounds great,, but the problem is a lot of us have heard that stuff from politicians before, and have been burned because many of the bullet points weren't true, just pandering. Only some time in office will expose his true beliefs.  I'm taking a cautiously hopeful stance, as are many others. 

Please try to leaven your criticism of folks who just aren't as sure as you are about Donald Trump.

I'm not critical of anyone sans the NeverTrumpers that attack Trump daily.

I too have worries about Trump backing off of his campaign promises. But like you an hopeful that finally there is a president that says what he means and means what he says. I am not liking what I am hearing on Mexico from the SoS and I am not liking the Bush like appointments at the NSC.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Cautiously optimistic" is the phrase I hear most.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Agree with @Emjay. @txradioguy give him some time and let's see what he does. This rule to sunset two regulations for every new one is a fantastic, conservative idea. As has been pointed out on this thread, he's appointed a conservative cabinet, and his first SCOTUS nominee looks great.

His cabinet isn't complete.  There are still gaping holes. 

He's more interested in twitter and using Alinsky tactics to go after the media than pushing to get his nominees approved in a timely manner.