Author Topic: Congress Investigates Fraudulent Science Used by NOAA to Push UN Global Warming Treaty  (Read 1033 times)

rangerrebew

Saturday, 25 February 2017
Congress Investigates Fraudulent Science Used by NOAA to Push UN Global Warming Treaty
Written by  William F. Jasper

font size decrease font size increase font size Print Email

Congress Investigates Fraudulent Science Used by NOAA to Push UN Global Warming Treaty

In 2015, Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), chairman of the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology, requested the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to provide his committee with the data the agency had used to produce a controversial report on global warming. The report, written by Dr. Thomas R. Karl, director of NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information, and published online in the journal Science, was desperately needed by the Obama administration at that time. Why? Because President Obama was heading to the United Nations Climate Summit in Paris, where he and other world leaders intended to conclude a new global compact. However, they were facing a major roadblock to their grandiose plans: the “pause.”

Contrary to the non-stop fright-peddling by the politicians and the hysterical media reports, global surface temperatures had remained flat for the past two decades. The modest, gradual rise in temperatures over much of the past century, insisted the more sensible climate scientists, was likely nothing more than natural, cyclical climate variation, and certainly nothing to panic about. However, even many of the most ardent global warming alarmists had been forced to admit that global temperatures, in defiance of alarmist predictions, had failed to rise since 1998. Among them was Prof. Phil Jones, the main character at the center of the infamous Climategate scandal at the University of East Anglia. Dr. Jones reluctantly acknowledged in 2015 that there had been no “statistically significant” warming for the previous 15 years. This pause in warming (also called a “hiatus,” “plateau,” or “slow-down” in the climate literature) obviously, presented a huge problem to advocates of global governance, since the world’s peoples — and particularly Americans — are much less likely to accept the incredibly oppressive and outrageously expensive (as much as $100 trillion, or more, over the next century) draconian controls proposed by the UN if there is no credible evidence of an approaching climate apocalypse.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/25472-congress-investigates-fraudulent-science-used-by-noaa-to-push-un-global-warming-treaty
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:28:02 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
While I applaud their move they better be ready for the next step when the NOAA refuses to cough up the data.

As we've seen so often during the Obama administration these agencies flat out refuse directives from Congress, but go unpunished.  Unless you get a Grand Jury involved there is no accountability.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is great!  But, Hondo is probably right - nothing will come of it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I wonder if NOAA's research is shaped like a hockey stick?  :whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
An administration lasts four years, 3.5 counting ramp up time.

Rarely do they coincide with majorities in both chambers, but this time they do.

So if there was ever a time, make haste !! If the GOP congress and the President truly want to, they have the power to really go after fake science.

But my guess is, in the end, too many Republicans are attached to the phony science/environmental lobbyists, and it will lock up and freeze up, and little or nothing will get done.

Plus there are several higher political priorities to fight.

And the congress only works 25-30 hours in a good week, and they are back on vacation again at this time.

Which begs the question of how the phuque can Trump be blamed, for not getting confirmations thru the lazy Senate?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Ivanka Trump wants to become an ambassador for the fight against climate change, according to reports, despite her father’s repeated scepticism.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/donald-trump-daughter-ivanka-eyes-climate-change-global-warming-father-a7451441.html

:whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They already had this opportunity once. As the article points out, they subpoenad Kathryn Sullivan for this data back in the Obama admin, and she just ignored the subpoena. That should have resulted in her going to jail. Ok, the Obama "Just Us" department wouldn't have prosecuted. Well, ok, now that Sessions is AG, even though Sullivan is gone from the NOAA, she needs to be prosecuted for the crime. These bureaucrats need to be sent a message, so that next time (God forbid) we have a Democrat administration, they know there is some risk to ignoring congressional subpoenas.

And, if the data was what it was purported to be, they would have no trouble with sharing it.  Absolutely no reason to keep it hidden. 

Offline the_doc

See also the "new" findings that I have been talking about with my friends for six or seven years now:  http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/02/democrats_real_global_warming_fraud_revealed.html

Offline LonestarDream

While I applaud their move they better be ready for the next step when the NOAA refuses to cough up the data.

As we've seen so often during the Obama administration these agencies flat out refuse directives from Congress, but go unpunished.  Unless you get a Grand Jury involved there is no accountability.

NOAA works for Trump.  Cant imagine Trump would not want expose this fraud.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

See also the "new" findings that I have been talking about with my friends for six or seven years now:  http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/02/democrats_real_global_warming_fraud_revealed.html

CERN, the world’s top particle physics laboratory, just found that our big, abrupt climate changes are produced by variations in the sun’s activity.  That’s the same sun the modelers had dismissed as “unchanging.”  CERN says the sun’s variations interact with cosmic rays to create more or fewer of earth’s heat-shielding clouds.  The IPCC had long admitted it couldn’t model clouds--and now the CERN experiment says the clouds are the earth’s thermostats!

In 2000, for example, the sun was strong, and few cosmic rays hit the earth.  Therefore, skies were sunny, the earth warmed and crops grew abundantly.  The Little Ice Age sun was far weaker and its heavy overcast clouds deflected more of the solar heat back into space.  The earth went cold and the weather became highly unstable.  Huge numbers of both humans and animals starved, due to extreme droughts, massive floods and untimely frosts.

We haven’t seen the likes of that extreme weather in the past 150 years!

The Old Masters paintings in the world’s museums are mute testimony to this cycling.  The Medieval Warming’s paintings show mostly sunny skies.  The Little Ice Age skies are shown as heavily overcast.  London held ice fairs on the Thames—and once an elephant was led across on the river’s ice!

-----------------------------------

The Sun.  Indeed.

Offline LonestarDream

300 Scientists Want NOAA To Stop Hiding Its Global Warming Data

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/28/300-scientists-want-noaa-to-stop-hiding-its-global-warming-data/#ixzz4ZpcMHswc

Cant Trump make this so?

Offline LonestarDream

“As has been acknowledged by numerous scientists, the engine intake data are clearly contaminated by heat conduction from the structure, and as such, never intended for scientific use,” wrote climate scientists Dr. Patrick J. Michaels and Dr. Richard S. Lindzen of the libertarian Cato Institute on the in the science blog Watts Up With That. “Adjusting good data upward to match bad data seems questionable.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/28/300-scientists-want-noaa-to-stop-hiding-its-global-warming-data/#ixzz4Zpd8bpWx
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:09:24 pm by LonestarDream »

Offline LonestarDream

It is so true.  Cant Trump fire the head of NOAA and install scientists that will clean up the climate data that has been corrupted?   

An administration lasts four years, 3.5 counting ramp up time.

Rarely do they coincide with majorities in both chambers, but this time they do.

So if there was ever a time, make haste !! If the GOP congress and the President truly want to, they have the power to really go after fake science.

But my guess is, in the end, too many Republicans are attached to the phony science/environmental lobbyists, and it will lock up and freeze up, and little or nothing will get done.

Plus there are several higher political priorities to fight.

And the congress only works 25-30 hours in a good week, and they are back on vacation again at this time.

Which begs the question of how the phuque can Trump be blamed, for not getting confirmations thru the lazy Senate?

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand

It's possible.  But if you squint you can also make out a dollar sign hiding in the background.

Offline Norm Lenhart

It is so true.  Cant Trump fire the head of NOAA and install scientists that will clean up the climate data that has been corrupted?

It's all corrupt. All of it. It needs to be discarded wholesale. They took readings from things like weather stations built under air conditioner exhausts to 'prove' warming' for one example.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I imagine you could stack money in any shape you wanted.

Offline LonestarDream

It's all corrupt. All of it. It needs to be discarded wholesale. They took readings from things like weather stations built under air conditioner exhausts to 'prove' warming' for one example.

I have seen many reports like this.