Author Topic: Tom Perez elected DNC Chair  (Read 1859 times)

Offline endicom

Re: Tom Perez elected DNC Chair
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2017, 01:55:10 pm »
This title is retarded even for you, @rangerrebew .

I suppose you'll soon be whining about invective employed by other members.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2017, 01:58:39 pm »

I suppose you'll soon be whining about invective employed by other members.

In fairness he changed the title.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2017, 02:25:32 pm »
@rangerrebew
@mystery-ak
@Oceander
@CatherineofAragon
@txradioguy

This is why I did not want Perez to win the election for Democrat National Chairman.  I watched their debate and heard his views on election "fraud" and the Voting Rights Act.  Perez is a CIVIL RIGHTS LAWYER.

I was dismayed at his statements and the gist of it stuck in my mind, thinking we were going to have hell from him if he won.  He is stuck on this as one of his major goals and being a Civil Rights lawyer, he knows how to make a case.  Here it is:

He said, Republicans ARE keeping minorities from voting, they pass picture ID laws, knowing minorities can't get to a place to get an ID, it costs them money they don't have so they can't get them, and said this must be stopped.  That was his major one, plus others I don't recall.  He is going to hammer Republicans about actually, on purpose, keeping minorities from voting.  He will stay on this from now on in his speeches across the nation.  Darn, there he is now on CNN,blasting Republicans.  Rats, he said Trump has twitted that their election was "totally rigged".  (If you took great,really great, bigly, rigged, out of Trump's vocabulary, he couldn't speak).  Back to minorities and voting:

He doesn't think the Civil Rights Act pertains to whites because it is non-white minorities that the Act was designed for - to keep Republican whites from preventing non-whites from voting.  I would not be surprised, since he is a civil rights lawyer, if he filed a suit against Republican Secretary of States whose state has picture ID laws.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2017, 02:31:54 pm »
You don't need a picture ID to cash a welfare check? To get AFDC or whatever they call it now?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2017, 02:38:23 pm »
You don't need a picture ID to cash a welfare check? To get AFDC or whatever they call it now?
@Smokin Joe

You are using rational thinking and that has no validity in in Perez's thinking.  I also recall he said non-whites have to travel "hundreds" of miles to get a picture ID.  That is not rational, either.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2017, 02:41:35 pm »
@Smokin Joe

You are using rational thinking and that has no validity in in Perez's thinking.  I also recall he said non-whites have to travel "hundreds" of miles to get a picture ID.  That is not rational, either.
Hundreds of miles makes perfect sense, if they start in Central America.

Even in North Dakota (and we're pretty well spread out), the farthest one would have to travel would be about 70 miles--for someone who can't get a Tribal ID. The folks the Dems are wailing about don't have to go that far.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2017, 02:47:32 pm »
Hundreds of miles makes perfect sense, if they start in Central America.

Even in North Dakota (and we're pretty well spread out), the farthest one would have to travel would be about 70 miles--for someone who can't get a Tribal ID. The folks the Dems are wailing about don't have to go that far.
@Smokin Joe

Every state that has picture ID can go to the Secretary of State's website and locations are given there to obtain a picture ID.  If a person has a driver's license, they have a picture ID.  They can also go to a Driver's License facility and get a picture ID for free.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2017, 02:48:44 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Every state that has picture ID can go to the Secretary of State's website and locations are given there to obtain a picture ID.  If a person has a driver's license, they have a picture ID.  They can also go to a Driver's License facility and get a picture ID for free.
Yep. 70 miles is about as far as it gets from a DMV office here (then the next one over is closer). There is a fee for a picture ID (non-Driver's license).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 02:49:26 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2017, 03:11:56 pm »
Yep. 70 miles is about as far as it gets from a DMV office here (then the next one over is closer). There is a fee for a picture ID (non-Driver's license).
@Smokin Joe

Texas doesn't charge for a picture ID at driver's license locations.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2017, 04:58:14 pm »
I thought Perez was running for the head of the DNC...not the Chairmanship of CP USA.  :pondering:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 07:26:01 am »
@Smokin Joe

Texas doesn't charge for a picture ID at driver's license locations.
That's nice, but this ain't Texas, here.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2017, 07:26:34 am »
I thought Perez was running for the head of the DNC...not the Chairmanship of CP USA.  :pondering:
Samey-same.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2017, 07:28:40 am »
Darn! Really wanted Eillison!

He's just as bad