Author Topic: CPAC 2017: Terribly Attended In The Wake Of #NeverTrump Split  (Read 3177 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: CPAC 2017: Terribly Attended In The Wake Of #NeverTrump Split
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2017, 04:34:01 pm »
Trump's success is completely dependent on his followers ability to self erase their memory from one moment to the next.

They know he's a lying bottom feeding liberal piece of trash, they just don't care because they loves our precious.

:thumbsup:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2017, 04:35:48 pm »
Cruz says Trump's cabinet is the most conservative in decades so good luck in saying Trump is not conservative.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2017, 04:35:58 pm »
BS article, I gave you the definition of neoconservative, google it all you want. Its' got nothing to do with being Jewish. That is a red herring, just as is saying that anyone opposed to Obamas' policies is a racist or an Uncle Tom. Neocons are defined by the policies they believe in, not their  race or religion.

It's only BS to people too stupid to use a more intelligent term...or to those not savvy enough to understand code words.

:shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2017, 04:43:58 pm »
It's only BS to people too stupid to use a more intelligent term...or to those not savvy enough to understand code words.

:shrug:

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck .... it's a duck. But just for grins what term would you suggest instead of neoconservative?

Since I don't hang around people that use "code" words I'm not really up on the latest use of code words in language.  I'm kind of an original intent guy when it comes to words. I use them as I was taught to use them back in the day. I don't use them as code, if I want to say something non PC I just come out and say it. I am surprised that has escaped your notice.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2017, 04:45:43 pm »
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck .... it's a duck. But just for grins what term would you suggest instead of neoconservative?

Since I don't hang around people that use "code" words I'm not really up on the latest use of code words in language.  I'm kind of an original intent guy when it comes to words. I use them as I was taught to use them back in the day. I don't use them as code, if I want to say something non PC I just come out and say it. I am surprised that has escaped your notice.

*yawn*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2017, 05:08:00 pm »
Part of the party has been alienated and I would not begrudge those people like Eric Erickson, Ben Shapiro, etc.  They are still largely good people in their belief systems.

I don't know what the situation was a year ago, remember how CPAC dis-invited Trump or something and that was done by Erickson?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2017, 05:50:58 pm »
Part of the party has been alienated and I would not begrudge those people like Eric Erickson, Ben Shapiro, etc.  They are still largely good people in their belief systems.

I don't know what the situation was a year ago, remember how CPAC dis-invited Trump or something and that was done by Erickson?

I think Erickson ended up being the fall guy for it.

I imagine attendance was down because the likes of Bannon...Pribus and Milo...three examples of everything wrong with the GOp were going to be there.  They didn't want the stink of those three on their clothes.

Those of us with long memories remember how Reince left Michele Bachmann out to dry the last time she ran for occice...how he lied to Mark Levin about stepping in to help her if her race was close and how after the 2012 election he said this:

To broaden its appeal, the party must embrace immigration legislation, according to one recommendation in the report: "We must embrace and champion comprehensive immigration reform. If we do not, our party's appeal will continue to shrink to its core constituencies only," it said. The study also called for being more "inclusive and welcoming" when it comes to social issues.

<snip>

The Republican National Committee's shift on minority outreach may be the most visible change in the coming months.

Priebus plans to dispatch hundreds of paid workers into Hispanic, black and Asian communities across the nation by the end of the summer, a $10 million effort meant to rival President Obama's national political machine.

The RNC also will push for a tone of "tolerance and respect" in the immigration debate, create "senior level advisory councils" focused on minority groups, and establish "swearing-in citizenship teams" to connect with new voters immediately after swearing-in ceremonies.

"We need to go to communities where Republicans do not normally go to listen and make our case," the report says. "We need to campaign among Hispanic, black, Asian and gay Americans and demonstrate that we care about them, too."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/18/rnc-endorse-immigration-reform-report.html

And to see the architect of that standing up there on stage was more than many can take.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2017, 06:09:55 pm »
I think Erickson ended up being the fall guy for it.

I imagine attendance was down because the likes of Bannon...Pribus and Milo...three examples of everything wrong with the GOp were going to be there.  They didn't want the stink of those three on their clothes.

Those of us with long memories remember how Reince left Michele Bachmann out to dry the last time she ran for occice...how he lied to Mark Levin about stepping in to help her if her race was close and how after the 2012 election he said this:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/18/rnc-endorse-immigration-reform-report.html

And to see the architect of that standing up there on stage was more than many can take.

CPAC attendance is going to be the least of the GOP worries in coming years if they think they can continue to snuggle with detestable scum like Bannon, Milo,and Alex Jones

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2017, 06:13:09 pm »
CPAC attendance is going to be the least of the GOP worries in coming years if they think they can continue to snuggle with detestable scum like Bannon, Milo,and Alex Jones

Vey true.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2017, 06:44:57 pm »
I'd like to know how that conversation developed.  Did some millennial convince a bunch of old white dudes running CRAC this was a good idea?

Yeah, no kidding!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2017, 07:13:29 pm »
I hate to agree with @jpsb on anything, but he's right that trade with China is not a level playing field. They tightly control what US companies can do there. Microsoft can't even own the servers in a China data center; have to be owned by a local Chinese corp. They impose big tarrifs. They subsidize all sorts of things to artificially deflate prices to US customers. For example, any idea why it is so cheap to ship from China to US? Because the Chicom government subsidizes it. And when it comes to intellectual property, the Chinese are the biggest thieves on the planet. And on top of all that, they are an enemy if the US. Letting them destroy our manufacturing base is suicide.

Why should the Chinese (or indeed any nation) NOT put themselves first? Isn't that the entire point of a national government? To look after their own FIRST?

Don't go saying you want the US to do it while simultaneously complaining that other countries do it. Note: that is not aimed at you personally, @Scutter - its rhetorical.

As for the "unfair" trade deals. Re-negotiate them by all means, but bear one thing in mind. Most of the deals were negotiated when the USA had the whip hand during the Cold War. With a lot of countries it doesn't apply any more. You may find you wind up with worse deals, not better.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 07:13:57 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online goatprairie

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2017, 07:16:00 pm »
Many life-long conservatives did not attend this year's conference, dominated as it was by non-conservatives, namely: populists, nationalists, trade protectionists and alt-Right creeps.

From what little I saw of the event, they were wise to do so. Donald Trump nonetheless maintains the cautious and nervous support of many among those conservatives, which is understandable given the rabid and destructive nature of the opposition on the Left.
I don't like Trump, but I voted for him. To avoid something worse, Hillary. I am always faithful to my motto of voting for the least worst candidate.... that was Trump.
Now, do I oppose Trump on many of things he's proposing?  No,  I support him when he's right, and oppose him when he's wrong.
In general, Trump so far has more positives than bad.  Trying to keep out dangerous aliens is something to support him on.  But I oppose his dumb trade and deficit positions.
But in the end, if Trump doesn't win over the majority of the country to conservatism, he has failed. Because after he is gone, if a sizable pct. of the voters are not attracted to conservatism, we will go back on the Marxist-Obama path.
That is the biggest fault of Trump....even his biggest boosters (Limbaugh, Hannity) admit that he is not a conservative. And they are right....he is a populist, quasi-demagogue.  So what will the picture of the party be in four or eight years of Trump as it looks to the average voter?  That is what I am most concerned about. 
Right now, for good or bad,  Trump is the picture of the party.    With his current behavior I  don't believe he will be  able to get younger voters to turn conservative no matter what good policies (that I support) he pursues now. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2017, 07:22:16 pm »

As for the "unfair" trade deals. Re-negotiate them by all means, but bear one thing in mind. Most of the deals were negotiated when the USA had the whip hand during the Cold War. With a lot of countries it doesn't apply any more. You may find you wind up with worse deals, not better.

The one that has put China where it is now...is the exception to what you say.

Until Billy Jeff came to power China's most favored trade status was a year to year renewal...subject to certain criteria...IIRC there were some years it wasn't renewed at all.

Then Clinton comes along...has some dealings with guys named Huang...Trie...and a company named Hutchinson Wampoa and magically that trading status is made permanent.

I believe that was about the time the oversight of dual use technology was transferred to a department in the Federal Government that allowed it to be more accessible to the ChiComs.

Just one more way someone named Clinton has weakened this country.

As for the rest...you're right...renegotiate if the other countries don't like them.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2017, 07:25:53 pm »
Trade by definition benefits workers because all workers are consumers. When prices on an item go down it's like getting a raise for all workers. When trumps tariffs hit it will hurt all workers.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2017, 07:28:15 pm »
Trade by definition benefits workers because all workers are consumers. When prices on an item go down it's like getting a raise for all workers. When trumps tariffs hit it will hurt all workers.

I still don't think Trump really wants to have to impose tariffs.   But at the same time he won't take that option off of the table,  in order to get better trade deals.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2017, 07:30:09 pm »
I still don't think Trump really wants to have to impose tariffs.   But at the same time he won't take that option off of the table,  in order to get better trade deals.

And in turn other countries that we trade with will do the same thing.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2017, 07:57:23 pm »
And in turn other countries that we trade with will do the same thing.

China already does pretty much the same thing with US goods.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2017, 08:03:41 pm »
That echoes the Smoot-Hawley tariff of 1930 that was, like all tariffs, designed to protect the American worker. Instead, other countries retaliated and helped stifle world trade.  The result was the depression was exacerbated.
The world-wide depression also hit Germany very hard helping Hitler's rise.  I'm not going to blame the rise of Hitler on the tariff, but dire economic conditions greatly helped him.

geronl

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2017, 08:06:49 pm »
The Trump Party hates conservatives with a passion. You heard and saw it all through the primaries. Now they want to pretend to be the victims of "NeverTrumpers".

lol.

I have exactly zero reason or inclination to ever ever support someone like Trump or any other Trumper for office.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2017, 08:11:06 pm »
The neocons are the ones that turned almost the entire Middle East and North Africa into a horrible mess that Trump now has to try and clean up.

That's hilarious! That's the same exact excuse the anti-War Leftist nutballs used for Obama's imbecility in Syria, Iraq and the entire M.E.

Nothwithstanding the vacuum His Heinous left behind that was rapidly filled by ISIS over Obama's high-tailing it out of Iraq to cheers from people like yourself.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2017, 08:12:21 pm »
Perhaps if you wouldn't use Liberal terminology to describe Conservatives the actual subject could be discussed. Instead you're more interested it slinging Alt Right/Stormfront/DU terminology.

You left out the Ron Paul Mob Zombies that largely ended up supporting Bernie this cycle that run around with those talking point identifiers.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2017, 08:14:12 pm »
That echoes the Smoot-Hawley tariff of 1930 that was, like all tariffs, designed to protect the American worker. Instead, other countries retaliated and helped stifle world trade.  The result was the depression was exacerbated.
The world-wide depression also hit Germany very hard helping Hitler's rise.  I'm not going to blame the rise of Hitler on the tariff, but dire economic conditions greatly helped him.

It just gave Hitler lots of chaos and conveniently angry people to enrage against Jews, Republicans, immigrants, communists etc.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2017, 08:14:44 pm »
You left out the Ron Paul Mob Zombies that largely ended up supporting Bernie this cycle that run around with those talking point identifiers.

IMHO that group split down the middle with half going to Bernie because they got to know Dr. Nutz through his writing at antiwar.com and half went onto back Trump because of his nationalist/isolationist policies.

geronl

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2017, 08:17:30 pm »
Germany was punished after WW1, the sanctions and economic control other countries used to keep them down led directly to WW2.

After WW2 initially, the allies were going to do the same thing they did after WW1. They were going to tear down its factories and all that... but the Cold War and the split gave the western allies impetus to do something else.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2017, 08:23:33 pm »
The neocons are the ones that turned almost the entire Middle East and North Africa into a horrible mess that Trump now has to try and clean up.

Neocons include but are not limited to:George W. Bush, Paul Wolfowitz, Elliott Abrams, Richard Perle and Paul Bremer, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld.
Now I might be a little fuzzy being an old school Conservative type, but I seem to recall virtually all of America demanding we take it to the Middle East and Africa after that tiny little incident in New York and I would speculate that real problems in The Middle East that forced Republicans to try and fix, go back to a certain peanut farmer, who by the way seems to have had a hand in other messy pies. Hell it seems to me that Republican Presidents have been stuck with trying to fix a democrats problem and all the blame too! Well aside from Korea anyway.

If being in the Middle East and Africa are so bad, I think we should be out, why don't we just see how the great and powerful Trump actually deals with it before we get all congratulatory and demean other Republicans?