Author Topic: Obamacare Repeal Is Turning into a Big Hot Mess  (Read 338 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Obamacare Repeal Is Turning into a Big Hot Mess
« on: February 25, 2017, 07:02:49 pm »
Republicans are working against an angry public, internal divisions, and a host of distractions.

Over the past few days, the Trump administration delivered a major blow to transgender rights, set back prison reforms, and revealed disturbing details on the practical implications of its immigration-enforcement measures. But for all this tumult, this week was (again) relatively quiet when it came to major news or developments on key campaign promises. Both Donald Trump and Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan have indicated this may soon change. Trump and VP Mike Pence have recently been promising that a full Affordable Care Act (ACA) replacement plan, arguably Republicans' biggest priority, is on its way, while Ryan said last week Congress would deliver a plan after its recess this week and should get it passed by late March.

This outward resolve may sooth a base increasingly frustrated by the slow pace of real action in the Trump era. However, looking at where replacement plans are today, these promises may just be bluster, destined to disappoint even Trump and the GOP's base.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/obamacare-repeal-is-turning-into-a-big-hot-mess
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley