Author Topic: Bryan Fischer: Trump Did Not Remove Protections, He Reinstated Them  (Read 399 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump Did Not Remove Protections, He Reinstated Them

By: Bryan Fischer

Donald Trump, acting through the attorney general and the secretary of education, has rescinded a horribly misguided Obama-era directive on transgender bathrooms.

Obama’s directive financially punished schools which did not allow boys to go into the girls’ bathrooms, locker rooms, and shower rooms any time they wanted. It would be hard to imagine a presidential directive that could be more obscene, grotesque, and dangerous.

It was published under the guise that it would provide “protections” for transgendered individuals, by allowing them to use whatever bathroom they wished regardless of whose privacy they might be invading. And now that President Trump has rescinded this misbegotten decree, he is being accused of stripping “protections” from transgendered students. Former Secretary of Education Arne Duncan said darkly that President Trump’s act represented a “thoughtless, cruel and sad rollback of transgender rights.”

Continued: http://www.afa.net/the-stand/news/2017/02/trump-did-not-remove-protections-he-reinstated-them/#.WLCRVOzctP4.twitter

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: Bryan Fischer: Trump Did Not Remove Protections, He Reinstated Them
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 08:36:01 am »
The Obama directive was not law.  It wasn't even an Executive Order.

All it consisted of is a letter (2 letters actually) advising the States that he would punish them if they didn't jump through his Fascist hoops.  It would be like me writing you a letter stating, "If you don't paint your house green I'll be mad at you and there will be consequences".  Of course a presidential letter carries quite a bit more weight than a letter from me.

Trump merely made it known that there's a new sheriff in town and this is a State by State issue, not a federal issue.