Author Topic: A War on Recreational Marijuana Would Be a Nightmare (For Trump) Going after recreational marijuana in states where it's legal would mean destroying jobs and businesses. - Reason  (Read 420 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A War on Recreational Marijuana Would Be a Nightmare (For Trump)
Going after recreational marijuana in states where it's legal would mean destroying jobs and businesses.

Mike Riggs|Feb. 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Claiming an ambiguous link between marijuana and opioid overdoses, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer told reporters Thursday that the Trump administration would renew the federal war on marijuana.

"I do believe you will see greater enforcement" of federal marijuana laws, Spicer said. "When you see something like the opioid addiction crisis blossoming in so many states around this country, the last thing we should be doing is encouraging people."

There is no evidence that expanding access to legal marijuana has increased the use of prescription opioid or heroin. In fact, the relationship may be just the opposite.

But whatever. I'm more interested in what "greater enforcement" of federal marijuana laws would look like, considering how little appetite there is for doing it.

Continued: http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/24/a-war-on-recreational-weed-would-be

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

geronl

Just imagine how much money prostitution and gang-banging add to the economy! Not to mention robbery and theft.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.