Author Topic: CNN Is Considering Skipping White House Correspondents’ Dinner  (Read 395 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
CNN Is Considering Skipping White House Correspondents’ Dinner
« on: February 24, 2017, 10:24:41 pm »
It's Buzzfeed, so there's an even chance it's made up.

CNN is considering sitting out of the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, according to two people familiar with the matter, as the annual star-studded affair takes on renewed scrutiny from media outlets irked by the White House’s demonization of the press.

CNN is still actively discussing internally whether it will ultimately send staffers to the event, which is scheduled for April 29, according to one of these people.

“We haven’t made a decision on it yet,” a CNN spokesperson said.

In recent years, the dinner traditionally involves presidents trying to rib the press after an A-list comedian — like Larry Wilmore, Seth Meyers, Wanda Sykes, or Stephen Colbert — takes his or her own shots at bigwigs in the room.

The chummy dinner has long been criticized as a bizarre spectacle of media and government coziness. Given President Trump’s aggressive, ongoing battle with the media, some in the press are wondering whether glad-handing with the administration this year is especially inappropriate. Sources at various newsrooms say that Trump’s deleted (then reposted) tweet calling the press the “enemy of the American people” marked a new escalation. At the annual CPAC event Thursday, top White House adviser Steve Bannon repeatedly called the media the “opposition party.” CNN, in particular, has perhaps been the most frequent target of Trump’s “fake news” jab.

More, if you want: https://www.buzzfeed.com/stevenperlberg/cnn-is-considering-skipping-white-house-correspondents-dinne
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

Re: CNN Is Considering Skipping White House Correspondents’ Dinner
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 10:29:08 pm »
Can't wait to see what Milo wears, maybe some crotchless chaps?

Who will show up for Twinks4Trump?

Will Gateway Pundit's editor take a whole table for himself next to the buffet table??

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 10:34:26 pm »
I'm sure the president will be utterly heartbroken if that occurs! /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 10:37:52 pm »
Just cancel the event. It serves no purpose.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 10:48:59 pm »
This event gives him the grand stage to spout more venom at the press and they can't say anything back to him.  Why go and listen to that?  None of them should go.  Fox will, of course go, as they are his fav news organization now.  He is a guy with no sense of form/decorum.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 02:57:29 am »
Who cares about CNN?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 03:27:39 pm »
This event gives him the grand stage to spout more venom at the press and they can't say anything back to him.  Why go and listen to that?  None of them should go.  Fox will, of course go, as they are his fav news organization now.  He is a guy with no sense of form/decorum.

You obviously have never attended or watched the event if you think POTUS gets a "free shot" at the media. And I find it ironic that you, one of the most venomous and vicious NeverTrumpers complains about Trumps criticism of the MSM. And yes there is a lot of Fake News out there, here is an almost laughable example of CNN faking a "news report". Unfortunately there is no reverse video search that I know of, so I am taking it on faith that this is in fact a CNN report.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn5pIkEHPf0

I mistakenly posted this on the wrong thread, that mistake has been corrected.