Author Topic: Petition calls on Obama to run for president in France  (Read 488 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Petition calls on Obama to run for president in France
« on: February 24, 2017, 09:55:22 pm »
Amid a presidential campaign that has been marred by scandal, conspiracy theories, and the spectre of a new far-right leader, disillusioned French voters have called for an outsider to join the race: Barack Obama.

A petition launched on Monday calls on the former US president to run in this year’s French elections, which will be held in April and May. Called Obama17, the petition aims to garner 1 million signatures by March 2015, and as of Friday morning, it had already gained 30,000, according to one of the people behind the effort. But even the people who launched the website acknowledge that the chances of Obama actually ascending to the Elysée Palace are virtually zero. French law requires presidential candidates to be French, which Obama is not.

But the impossibility of the campaign is also what inspired it. In a phone interview Thursday night, one of the people behind the petition, who asked only to be identified as “Antoine,” said he and three other friends decided to create the site out of frustration with France’s leading candidates and the campaigns they’ve run so far.
“We just wanted to say that we’ve had enough of all of these guys.”

“In a campaign where we only talk about the scandals of [center-right candidate François] Fillon or the rise of [far-right candidate Marine] Le Pen, at a certain moment we told ourselves well, why not?” Antoine said. “We just wanted to say that we’ve had enough of all of these guys.”

Antoine, who is in his 30s, says that he and his friends are not activists, and he doesn’t align himself with a particular political party. But he says he has grown tired of voting for the lesser of two evils in every presidential race, rather than a candidate who inspires genuine enthusiasm. “The only guy who’s ever made me feel that way is Obama,” he says. This week, he and his friends plastered some 500 Obama posters across Paris, each carrying the slogan: “Oui on peut” (“Yes we can”).

Read more: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/petition-calls-on-obama-to-run-for-president-in-france/ar-AAnhSHk
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Petition calls on Obama to run for president in France
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 10:03:05 pm »
Just read this on Drudge. It seems to be some Soros sponsored petition with no standing in reality. It is simply not possible. My guess is that it is a PR stunt intended to increase the perception of Obama's supposed 'popularity'. Reality breaks through however, in the numerous anti-Obama comments that follow the article.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 10:07:48 pm »
Might just be a stunt.

Might be first shot in removing that inconvenient UN rule about Secretary General and the permanent Security Council countries ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 10:27:40 pm »
Might just be a stunt.

Might be first shot in removing that inconvenient UN rule about Secretary General and the permanent Security Council countries ....
The only validity this nonsense may have is that there are very large numbers of Muslims in Paris, and we know that Obama Hussein loves Muslims and they love him. So it is possible this is a Muslim inspired last grasp at futility.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:28:18 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 04:05:54 am »
Hell, if Trump can be elected POTUS, Obama getting elected President of France should be a snap... :shrug:

Assuming he can get Putin to go along, :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 04:07:13 am by montanajoe »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 04:33:08 am »
This is way too funny actually.  As I recall after Billy Bob left the White House he commented about running for president of France ... seems like Bammy and Billy Bob just can't get over themselves! Where's the petition?  Sign me up!!  I'd love to see Bammy leave the country.   :silly:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209171/Bill-Clinton-contemplates-running-president--France-provided-improves-language-skills-first.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 01:13:43 pm »
I'll sign it. As many times as it takes.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley