Author Topic: The Supreme Court Just Advanced A Lawsuit To Nullify The 2016 Election  (Read 1982 times)

Offline mrclose

I am only posting this to make folks aware of just how evil and desperate the opposition party is!

Yes, the linked site is a radical leftist hangout but the information is true.

I have searched everywhere and have failed to find this on any conservative site!

This is a motion, submitted to the Supreme Court, asking for the nullification of the election .. based upon Russian interference.

I doubt that it (the motion) will go anywhere but as I said .. We need to be aware of the evil that is being plotted, behind the scenes on a daily bases!

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/02/23/supreme-court-just-advanced-law-suit-nullify-2016-election/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: The Supreme Court Just Advanced A Lawsuit To Nullify The 2016 Election
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:00:30 pm »
From what I understand: it's a "writ of certiorari". The birthers filed tons of them:

[/size]https://www.google.com/search?q=writ+of+certiorari&oq=writ+of+certiorari&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=birther+writ+of+certiorari&*
[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]It means jack squat.[/color]

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 08:04:00 pm »
bookmark.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 08:08:02 pm »
@Mod1

Move to Alternate Realities?

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 08:11:38 pm »
Means jack squat:

http://lawnewz.com/uncategorized/u-s-supreme-court-will-get-a-look-at-case-about-ted-cruzs-eligibility-to-be-president/

In fact, Ted Cruz’s attorneys have until May 5, 2016 to respond to the petition for writ of certiorari. A cert petition is filed by a losing party in a lawsuit asking the Supreme Court to review a lower court’s decision. Of course, that doesn’t mean the Supreme Court will take up the case, they could deny it. Nevertheless, it is an interesting development in the so-called Ted Cruz birther saga, which of course was fueled by his opponent in the Republican presidential race, Donald Trump.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 08:50:22 pm »
From what I understand: it's a "writ of certiorari". The birthers filed tons of them

The article states it's a Writ of Mandamus.  It's a request to jump all the lower courts, and you're correct, doesn't mean squat.  The precedents cited for "redo" are all foreign. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 08:52:10 pm »
From what I understand: it's a "writ of certiorari". The birthers filed tons of them:

[/size]https://www.google.com/search?q=writ+of+certiorari&oq=writ+of+certiorari&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=birther+writ+of+certiorari&*
[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]It means jack squat.[/color]

Yep, pretty much anyone can file a writ like this for anything. All this means really is that a clerk received it and filed it, not that it has a chance of getting anywhere beyond a dusty filing cabinet.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 08:59:11 pm »
As I said, this probably wont go anywhere but it does show that these folks aren't giving up.

http://progressivearmy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/170108-Motion-to-Stay-for-filing.pdf
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 09:18:04 pm »
Imagine the shitstorm if the USSC just nullified the election with the stroke of a pen.

With the current level of acrimony in the country there'd be a civil war like the world has never seen before.

Just my opinion of course.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 09:18:26 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 09:48:02 pm »
Imagine the shitstorm if the USSC just nullified the election with the stroke of a pen.

With the current level of acrimony in the country there'd be a civil war like the world has never seen before.

The Rats have been claiming the SCOTUS did exactly that in 2000.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 12:01:58 am »
An individual does not have standing to sue since our President is not elected by individuals, but by States.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 12:13:17 am »
An individual does not have standing to sue since our President is not elected by individuals, but by States.

You are absolutely correct.  My curiosity is, how will the courts twist this to benefit Democrats after spending eight years assuring us otherwise (about the negative standing)?  They don't operate under the rule of law anymore, so it's a crapshoot.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 12:53:57 am »
Actually, it's the electors who have the standing... and there are a few who could have a case, but because they're not enough to change the outcome, even that wouldn't change the election.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 01:21:42 am »
Actually, it's the electors who have the standing... and there are a few who could have a case, but because they're not enough to change the outcome, even that wouldn't change the election.

IIRC, one of the birther lawsuits was brought by an elector, and was thrown out for lack of standing.
I will NOT comply.

geronl

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 01:25:54 am »
The Supreme Court did not advance anything and it's not even an actual lawsuit plus, it's not really within the courts power

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 01:59:21 am »
Fake News. But considering the source, what else could it possibly be? Anyone expecting actual journalism from a site like this one must also believe that Hillary really is secretly married to a space alien.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 02:03:00 am »
As I said, this probably wont go anywhere but it does show that these folks aren't giving up.

http://progressivearmy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/170108-Motion-to-Stay-for-filing.pdf

Were you under the impression that these 'folks' might be giving up?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 02:33:33 am »
I'm waiting for the Courts to hand down a decision on my lawsuit to negate the outcome of the Cowboys/Packers playoff game.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 02:56:05 am »

For once you and I agree; there would be a civil war like none other.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 02:56:21 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.