Author Topic: White House blocks news organizations from press briefing  (Read 4248 times)

Wingnut

Re: White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2017, 11:38:30 pm »
And here I thought, when I saw you had posted, I was in for some enlightenment.  Damn. :shrug:

Let me try again,

The significant owl hoots in the night.
Yet many grey lords go sadly to the masterless men.

To the axeman, all supplicants are the same height.
Yet verily, the rose is within the thorn.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2017, 11:43:21 pm »
Annie Oakley: She sued William Randolph Hearst for libel and forced him to pay $27,000.

On August 11, 1903, two of Hearst’s Chicago newspapers reported that a destitute Oakley had been arrested for stealing a pair of men’s pants to pay for her cocaine addiction. In spite of the fact that Oakley hadn’t been in Chicago since the previous winter, newspapers across the country reprinted the story. The truth was that the woman who was arrested was a burlesque dancer posing as Oakley. Although most newspapers printed retractions, Oakley vowed that “someone will pay for this dreadful mistake.” She spent the next six years filing suit against 55 newspapers in the largest libel action the country had ever seen. She won or settled 54 of those suits, including the judgment against Hearst.

Moral of the story: Big media was crooked, and remains crooked.

http://www.history.com/news/history-lists/10-things-you-may-not-know-about-annie-oakley
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:54:13 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2017, 02:15:48 am »
Thanks for showing up with some common sense.

Presidents McCain and Romney were much more gentle with the media, during their terms.

Hah!!  If we're not allowed to refer to things Obama did, I refuse to allow you to refer to what Presidents McCain and Romney did.  There was very little controversy during their terms in office.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2017, 02:20:51 am »
Yes they do. They only have a few supporters on this site and maybe a few in airports across the country. If they lost the contract for the airports their viewers would drop down to some from this site and all the other sites like this one.  @Frank Cannon

Now that you bring it up, how did CNN manage to get airports to only carry their station.??  Did money change hands?  (Money is always doing that)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2017, 02:22:58 am »
Trump doesn't have that "turning the other cheek" thing down quite yet...lol.

Nope!  He needs a few more lessons.  But, frankly, I'm enjoying it.  They were already portraying him as a jerk.  Now, he's a jerk who denied them admittance.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2017, 02:25:52 am »
CNN Is Considering Skipping White House Correspondents’ Dinner

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=251028.new#new

OMG, say it isn't so.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2017, 03:55:54 am »
A dangerous path. Rewarding favorable media, and punishing others. I'm as tired of the over the top negative press as the next guy, but this will makes things worse.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2017, 04:03:09 am »
A dangerous path. Rewarding favorable media, and punishing others. I'm as tired of the over the top negative press as the next guy, but this will makes things worse.

I wouldn't call differentiating between non/semi/fully propagandists 'rewarding' anyone. There is no reason a President has to sabotage his own administration to fulfill some nonexistent 'right' of the press. Regardless of who that president is.

If the public wants non biased media, it's up to them to put the CNN/MSNBC types out of business via their cable/dish bill. If they want propagandists reporting their news, the country is screwed anyway so it doesn't matter what Trump does.

Offline endicom

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2017, 04:14:51 am »

The established path. Nothing new here.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2017, 04:54:44 am »

I wonder if you are right.  They can still write their made up stories without having to actually be there.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2017, 05:43:43 am »
I wonder if you are right.  They can still write their made up stories without having to actually be there.

And that's exactly why the press as a whole has no 'right' to be briefed. it's their JOB to ferret out information and report on it. It is then up to the people to decide what to believe and what to set aside as BS. And to determine with their cash if one outlet or another is worth patronizing.