Author Topic: DOW Set to Break All-Time Record Today – Breaking Reagan’s Record!  (Read 838 times)

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: DOW Set to Break All-Time Record Today – Breaking Reagan’s Record!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 04:37:22 pm »
According to Liberal logic that means the economy has been fixed. 

Gosh, what will Trump do next month?

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 04:37:37 pm »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/02/draft-joe/
Only two other times has the DOW reached 10 days in a row of closing highs and that was in July 1929 and yesterday.
Hmmm. 1929. Didn't something else happen that year?
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 04:46:49 pm »
Didn't something else happen that year?

Yes, the power elite met secretly at Jekyll Island to create a monster.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 05:10:52 pm »
And right on cue, the market is going down. The Trumpway Pundit... guaranteed to be 100% wrong about everything.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline r9etb

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 05:14:40 pm »
And right on cue, the market is going down. The Trumpway Pundit... guaranteed to be 100% wrong about everything.

They're not even a stopped clock, in other words....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 05:16:41 pm »
Just like any other market, the stock market is subject to the laws of supply and demand.  It is not an economic indicator, just as the price of gasoline is not an economic indicator when the price rises to $4/gal.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline r9etb

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 05:24:14 pm »
Just like any other market, the stock market is subject to the laws of supply and demand.

I'm not sure that's actually the case anymore. 

What is true, is that the stock market is pretty much the only place left where there is a reasonable potential for ROI above 1% -- you can't even get close to 1% at a bank, and bond yields are minuscule as well.  I think a lot of the increase is simply due to a lot of money pouring into the market -- sorta like how Californians moving to other states tend to drive up house prices.

Another factor is that the vast majority of stock sales are automated, and controlled by algorithms designed to maximize profit by exploiting market fluctuations.  There may be "guidance" into those algorithms, but they're responding to something other than traditional "supply and demand" types of considerations.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 05:24:59 pm by r9etb »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 05:50:46 pm »
Why is the market up?

"Experts" are saying they like the actions of the Trump administration, stating it is the most pro-business cabinet in memory.

The prospect of tax cuts, the prospect of regulatory reductions, and the FACT unlike most politicians, his administration is actually implementing his campaign promises, and fast.

By contrast, congress looks like they are stuck in place; unable or unwilling to act.

But what goes up, must come down too. But long term buying and holding stocks is part of a smart investment portfolio

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

geronl

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 06:47:21 pm »
Reagans what?

The DOW is not a measure of the economy or anything and seems very inflating through people betting on the future. it definitely has little to do with the President.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 06:49:54 pm »
Aaaaaaaand... no.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 01:59:38 pm »
I wonder if the Average Joe knows that the Fed/Obama administration printed up then pumped over 2 trillion dollars into the stock market?

My guess is the answer is no.  I'm sure CNN deemed that un-newsworthy.