Author Topic: What Happened to Conservative Optimism?... Cal Thomas  (Read 882 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What Happened to Conservative Optimism?... Cal Thomas
« on: February 23, 2017, 06:12:28 pm »

What Happened to Conservative Optimism?
Cal Thomas
2/23/2017 12:01:00 AM -

I had never heard of Milo Yiannopoulos until recently, perhaps because I don't visit some of the websites where his musings are published.

Milo, as he calls himself because of the difficulty some have pronouncing his last name, was disinvited from this week's Conservative Political Action Convention (CPAC), the annual gathering of the right in Washington. Apparently the organizers were not bothered by Milo's association with the so-called "alt-right." CPAC withdrew the invitation only after a video surfaced showing him apparently endorsing man-boy relationships that qualify under the definition of pedophilia. Yiannopoulos has resigned as an editor at Breitbart.com and apologized for his remarks.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/calthomas/2017/02/23/draft-n2289247?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: What Happened to Conservative Optimism?... Cal Thomas
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 06:48:43 pm »
Cal just lost his wife if people were not aware of that:
http://calthomas.com/columns/my-wife-my-love

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 06:51:15 pm »
The column in the OP ends with this, I have seen this analogy before:

In 1962, William F. Buckley Jr. denounced the John Birch Society as "far removed from common sense" and urged the Republican Party to purge the movement from its ranks. So too must today's conservatives separate themselves from the "alt-right" white supremacists and anti-Semites and reclaim traditional conservatism as the authentic brand.

JBS went overboard; even saying Ike , I don't want to misstate it,  had ties to communism I believe.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:38:21 pm »
Yiannopoulos has resigned as an editor at Breitbart.com and apologized for his remarks.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/calthomas/2017/02/23/draft-n2289247?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=

Um, no. He continues to justify pederasty

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 07:39:35 pm »
Trump horrible inaugeration speech was the most pessimistic, terrible speech I've ever seen.

To me populist conservatism is nothing more than a right wing identity politics movement where, instead of being encourage to take responsibility for your life, you get to blame everything on globalism, RINO's, immigration, etc. or any of the other populist bugaboos.

A bunch of right wing crybabies just like there exists left wing crybabies.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 07:55:15 pm »
Trump horrible inaugeration speech was the most pessimistic, terrible speech I've ever seen.

To me populist conservatism is nothing more than a right wing identity politics movement where, instead of being encourage to take responsibility for your life, you get to blame everything on globalism, RINO's, immigration, etc. or any of the other populist bugaboos.

A bunch of right wing crybabies just like there exists left wing crybabies.

That's exactly what it is. We're the poor victims of everybody else.

A truly conservative speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nukzTmu8tPA

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 08:17:19 pm »
Cal's correct, that's why the public voted for an outsider, someone from outside of the beltway. Not the career politicians, Senators like Rubio for example but something completely different. They are not optimistic with the so-called DC Conservatives.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 08:25:08 pm »
That's exactly what it is. We're the poor victims of everybody else.

A truly conservative speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nukzTmu8tPA

Excellent, I remember all the turncoats back then saying "Oh, we can't trust Reagan, he's senile" or "He can't have his hand near the button"; now, he's looked at as being one of the best Presidents.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 10:29:38 pm »

What would you (specifically) have preferred to hear @Weird Tolkienish Figure?

Serious question.  Thanks.