Author Topic: Le Pen increases first round lead in French election: poll  (Read 479 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Le Pen increases first round lead in French election: poll
« on: February 23, 2017, 04:02:29 am »
Le Pen increases first round lead in French election: poll

French far right leader Marine Le Pen has increased her lead in the first round of France's presidential election, though she is still seen being beaten by a wide margin in the runoff, a BVA-Salesforce poll published on Thursday showed.

The National Front head would win 27.5 percent of the vote in the April 23 first round, up 2.5 percentage points from the last time the poll was conducted on Feb 4.

Independent centrist Emmanuel Macron was seen coming in second in the first round with 21 percent of the vote, down one percentage point, followed by conservative Francois Fillon at 19 percent, also down one percentage point.

In the May 7 runoff vote, Macron was seen beating Le Pen 61 percent to 39 percent while Fillon was seen winning the presidency with 55 percent to 45 percent.

Continued: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-election-poll-idUSKBN16208I?feedType=RSS&virtualBrandChannel=11563

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Le Pen increases first round lead in French election: poll
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 04:06:36 am »

Euro multi-party politics, seems to sometimes block reaching the public's will. But I confess to know little.

I doubt this leading candidate plans to burn muslims in ovens, but my guess is, the press says she is.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln