Author Topic: Today is the deadline for the Dakota Access Pipeline protest camps  (Read 1240 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Today is the deadline for the Dakota Access Pipeline protest camps
posted at 9:21 am on February 21, 2017 by Jazz Shaw

By the time you read this the sun will have already risen in North Dakota, where a few hundred dead end protesters are hanging on in what remains of the Dakota Access Pipeline camps. Obstruction of the project essentially collapsed once Donald Trump took office and the Army gave the go-ahead for the final sections of pipe to be laid. Even the Standing Rock tribe has asked the unwelcome visitors to depart, preferring to fight the rest of the battle in court, but the remaining holdouts do not appear to be convinced. (Associated Press)

more
http://hotair.com/archives/2017/02/21/today-is-the-deadline-for-the-dakota-access-pipeline-protest-camps/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Today is the deadline for the Dakota Access Pipeline protest camps
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 11:10:44 pm »
Today is the deadline for the Dakota Access Pipeline protest camps
posted at 9:21 am on February 21, 2017 by Jazz Shaw

By the time you read this the sun will have already risen in North Dakota, where a few hundred dead end protesters are hanging on in what remains of the Dakota Access Pipeline camps. Obstruction of the project essentially collapsed once Donald Trump took office and the Army gave the go-ahead for the final sections of pipe to be laid. Even the Standing Rock tribe has asked the unwelcome visitors to depart, preferring to fight the rest of the battle in court, but the remaining holdouts do not appear to be convinced. (Associated Press)

more
http://hotair.com/archives/2017/02/21/today-is-the-deadline-for-the-dakota-access-pipeline-protest-camps/

Arrest and incarcerate. Charge them with a national security/terrorism violation for direct interference with the nation's energy production.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 11:13:05 pm »
I wonder how much these 'dedicated "water protectors" are being paid per day to hang out?
They are impeding cleanup efforts (and making them more expensive). Maybe they want to be paid to leave? Evictions will be interesting, and by then, the ground might be frozen again after the heat wave.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 11:22:16 pm »
5 or 6 of these out to do it.....

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 11:27:38 pm »
Arrest and incarcerate. Charge them with a national security/terrorism violation for direct interference with the nation's energy production.
I would think, given the camp's proximity to the water, they might be found guilty of water pollution violations, as well. I'd push for prosecution under the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 11:42:54 pm »
I would think, given the camp's proximity to the water, they might be found guilty of water pollution violations, as well. I'd push for prosecution under the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899.

Them AND every person that aided them/paid them.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 12:55:20 am »
From what I have been reading, we need to let them keep roosting there as the river will soon overflow from spring thaws and wipe them off the face of the earth for us.

For any who are left, we slap a stiff fine on pollution of a river.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 01:15:15 am »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 01:21:11 am »
but the remaining holdouts do not appear to be convinced.

Because they are losers without jobs or homes. They were hoping this was going to be a multi year gig protesting.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 01:47:51 am »
Does anyone else get pissed off at city boys in camo? It bugs me, though it shouldn't.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 02:03:15 am »
Does anyone else get pissed off at city boys in camo? It bugs me, though it shouldn't.

If "city boys" means Hipsters and Emo's in American speak...  Hell yeah!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 02:53:06 am »
I wish they wore full camo. It would be harder to see how pathetic they are.

Offline anubias

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 02:58:59 am »
I hope there are a fleet of these lining up.