Author Topic: Fauxahontas Proposes an IRS Takeover of Tax Preparation  (Read 944 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fauxahontas Proposes an IRS Takeover of Tax Preparation
« on: February 21, 2017, 11:04:22 pm »
February 21, 2017
Fauxahontas Proposes an IRS Takeover of Tax Preparation
By Dean Chambers

The yearly ritual of submitting tax returns to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may not be something most of us look forward to doing, but do we really want the federal government to do it for us?

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) has proposed legislation that would require the IRS to offer you the convenience of doing your taxes for you. The actual bill would require the IRS to create programs that help taxpayers process and file their federal taxes for free. Sen. Warren says taxpayers spend, on average, 13 hours and about $200 for tax preparation services to file their tax returns. Of course, this is unnecessary (if not misleading), as there are plenty of free services available to most Americans.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/02/fauxahontas_proposes_an_irs_takeover_of_tax_preparation.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Fauxahontas Proposes an IRS Takeover of Tax Preparation
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 06:41:56 am »
Isn't this something akin to really proposing that you let the wolf take care of your sheep?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:37:04 am »
I don't have a huge problem with this. If she was requiring this that would be one thing...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 02:18:48 pm »
Another giveaway, this time trying to suck in people who are actually productive and/or have jobs.

"Come to the plantation, we'll do your taxes for you...."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 03:16:08 pm »
I don't have a huge problem with this. If she was requiring this that would be one thing...

...IRS to create programs that help taxpayers process and file their federal taxes for free...

No, she is just requiring us to pay for it, like every government "I'm here to help you" program.

Just say NO.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 03:27:14 pm »
No, she is just requiring us to pay for it, like every government "I'm here to help you" program.

Just say NO.

Meh... if the government wants money they can pay for it IMO.

I'd have no problem going over to Fairtax or something else.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 03:45:30 pm »
The easiest way to do this would be to implement a flat tax.  But I am sure that is NOT what she intended.

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 04:18:38 pm »

Meh... if the government wants money they can pay for it IMO.

I'd have no problem going over to Fairtax or something else.

They is we.  Another government program in search of a need.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 06:34:34 pm »
Just another slave cabin on the plantation...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 06:42:04 pm »

:shrug:

Any tax program will require the government to pay money for collection. It's inevitable.

I'm not really strongly in favor of this, just that it didn't sound too bad on it's face.

When I was young, poor, and stupid  I hated doing my taxes, PITA. I wouldn't have minded an option just to have the gubment do it all.

All I'm saying.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 07:03:32 pm »
Okay, so if this expands the IRS to included tax prepare people, WE will be paying for it, in the form of more taxes.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 07:07:51 pm »
hey poka... I did my taxes for free on TuboTax

-------------

Let the government do it? No way.

That is like letting the people who receive property taxes decide your property value. Bad idea.

Offline thackney

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 07:13:05 pm »

:shrug:

Any tax program will require the government to pay money for collection. It's inevitable.

Yes, but we don't have to raise the cost to us the taxpayers needlessly.

I'm not really strongly in favor of this, just that it didn't sound too bad on it's face.

When I was young, poor, and stupid  I hated doing my taxes, PITA. I wouldn't have minded an option just to have the gubment do it all.

All I'm saying.

If you didn't want to do it, there were and still are companies that would provide that service.

All I'm saying, I don't want to pay extra for those that don't want to do their own taxes.  You didn't want to pay extra for the service then.  I don't want to pay extra for the rest of my life, without any benefit.

Simplify the tax code so it isn't so much work to complete out taxes, I suspect we both would agree on that.

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 07:15:09 pm »
Simplify the tax code so it isn't so much work to complete out taxes, I suspect we both would agree on that.

Absolutely!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 07:18:57 pm »
Nothing like proposing the government as the Sheriff of Nottingham simply telling the serfs how much they must pay-up, and making that a function of the IRS.

Oh how Americans love themselves some more tyranny!

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775