Author Topic: Milo Yiannopoulos seduced conservatives. And now they're paying the price.  (Read 8234 times)

geronl

Re: Milo Yiannopoulos seduced conservatives. And now they're paying the price.
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2017, 03:13:53 am »
I wouldn't consider Limbaugh to be a perfect conservative, if a true Conservative at all anymore.

But I do consider him to be the perfect Republican.

He is stuck on the plantation like no one I've known.

Firmly ensconced

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2017, 03:29:22 am »

@mirraflake

It used to be that conservatives were smart enough to see through pretenders like him; now all he has to do is criticize a liberal and, oooooohhhh, loooook, he's one of us!  Republicans have become suckers who will fall for anything.  To give Milo credit, he's smart enough to realize it, and he's made his money from it.

I guess they weren't smart enough, to not fall for Denny Hastert.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2017, 03:58:54 am »
I wouldn't consider Limbaugh to be a perfect conservative, if a true Conservative at all anymore.

But I do consider him to be the perfect Republican.

He is stuck on the plantation like no one I've known.

Okay, any suggestions then?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2017, 11:12:48 am »
He didn't seduce me. I've been warning about him all along.
Exactly.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2017, 03:19:48 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

The human condition is fragile, we can't expect everyone to be the perfect conservative like say, Rush Limbaugh.

@TomSea

Limbaugh's a boring, stale establishmentarian.  He really ought to retire.

It's interesting how you resort to the over-used false premise that there are only two extremes----flawless conservatism or fake conservative fame whores. 

Establish your beliefs upon solid principle instead of running off to chase the latest flashy personality.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2017, 03:28:01 pm »

Not in my case.  I don't gush all over him because he's a poseur, a phony, a jerk, and a general all-around nasty little fame whore.  It used to be that conservatives were smart enough to see through pretenders like him; now all he has to do is criticize a liberal and, oooooohhhh, loooook, he's one of us!  Republicans have become suckers who will fall for anything.  To give Milo credit, he's smart enough to realize it, and he's made his money from it.

He's really a bad-ass until he sits down with an interview with any male who's halfway strong-willed.  Then he starts to stutter and simper.

How is Milo a poseur, phony, fake?  His conservative stance has never changed.
Apparantly you have never seen interviews with Milo and other men..He crushes them in every instance.

You really need to watch his speeches and interviews.

@CatherineofAragon
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:30:53 pm by mirraflake »

Silver Pines

« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2017, 03:32:15 pm »
I guess they weren't smart enough, to not fall for Denny Hastert.

@truth_seeker

Was Denny Hastert running around talking about Jewish conspiracies, drinking from penis- shaped glasses, and generally acting like a bitchy millennial version of Liberace with a nasty streak?

Basic common sense and discernment could see Milo for what he was.  He was right out there, telling you and showing you he was garbage.  Hastert was quiet and secretive with his proclivities, correct?   You'd need psychic ability to ferret out something kept hidden.

You can't equate the two.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2017, 03:45:08 pm »
@TomSea

Limbaugh's a boring, stale establishmentarian.  He really ought to retire.

It's interesting how you resort to the over-used false premise that there are only two extremes----flawless conservatism or fake conservative fame whores. 

Establish your beliefs upon solid principle instead of running off to chase the latest flashy personality.

@CatherineofAragon

Love the preachy condescension once again.

Okay, who do you recommend? Defend the Obama Stimuli Ted? Tiny Market Mark Levin? Who?

Rush has been on the air for 30 years or more. Not sure whom is a flashy personality, I never have defended Milo in this thread. You must be referring to other people.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2017, 03:50:10 pm »
Rush has been attacked, if one isn't a team player, you don't get anything done. This seems to be whom the other side idolizes, the do-nothings.

Silver Pines

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2017, 03:53:35 pm »

How is Milo a poseur, phony, fake?  His conservative stance has never changed.
Apparantly you have never seen interviews with Milo and other men..He crushes them in every instance.

You really need to watch his speeches and interviews.

@CatherineofAragon

@mirraflake

Yeah, he crushes them.  Like the time he ran from debating Ben Shapiro.

If, at this point, you really don't get that he's a poseur, I don't know what to say to you.

He's a bomb thrower who knows how to make people angry---in the words of Matt Taibbi, little more than a goof with a C minus intellect.  You still haven't figured it out.  You still think we need a piece of trash like him to make the conservative argument.

Because here you are, still defending this advocate of pedophilia, and telling me that I should go listen to the pedophile's videos and learn from them.

What's wrong with you?

Silver Pines

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2017, 03:54:51 pm »
Rush has been attacked, if one isn't a team player, you don't get anything done. This seems to be whom the other side idolizes, the do-nothings.

@TomSea

"Rush has been attacked"

So criticism of your media idols is an "attack?"  Why so snowflake?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2017, 04:13:19 pm »
@TomSea

"Rush has been attacked"

So criticism of your media idols is an "attack?"  Why so snowflake?

Catherine "Weak Arguments" of Aragon, so weak, she has to call not just people like Rush names but also other members of the forum. Really classy. Lots of integrity. At least you're not kicking the dog. Such abrasiveness, must have offended in mentioning Defend the Stimulus Ted Cruz, the idle of the do-nothings, support nothings, expect everything to be done by the GOP when they don't support it.

What a hoot!  :silly:

Silver Pines

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2017, 04:35:50 pm »
Catherine "Weak Arguments" of Aragon, so weak, she has to call not just people like Rush names but also other members of the forum. Really classy. Lots of integrity. At least you're not kicking the dog. Such abrasiveness, must have offended in mentioning Defend the Stimulus Ted Cruz, the idle of the do-nothings, support nothings, expect everything to be done by the GOP when they don't support it.

@TomSea

Aaaand there he is, that constant squatter in TomSea's mind---Ted Cruz!   :laugh:

I find your constant preoccupation with Cruz to be funny.  You, on the other hand, are personally outraged by criticism of your media heroes, as if they're related to you or something.

Again, principle over personalities. 

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2017, 04:36:29 pm »

@TomSea
@CatherineofAragon

Catherine does not like Milo, Rush, Trump and who knows how many more .. No wonder the conservative party will never unite.   

Catherine if you are waiting for the perfect candidate he died on the cross 2000 years ago.

Trump just wrote off Obama's transgender bathroom bill yesterday and has done great work-all very conservative in the first month and people on this site still attack him. What do you want from the guy?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 04:38:06 pm by mirraflake »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2017, 04:40:25 pm »
@truth_seeker

Was Denny Hastert running around talking about Jewish conspiracies, drinking from penis- shaped glasses, and generally acting like a bitchy millennial version of Liberace with a nasty streak?

Basic common sense and discernment could see Milo for what he was.  He was right out there, telling you and showing you he was garbage.  Hastert was quiet and secretive with his proclivities, correct?   You'd need psychic ability to ferret out something kept hidden.

You can't equate the two.

Do you really mean to defend Hastert, as in Milo is worse? As in "You can't equate the two."

Milo has not been convicted of ACTUAL acts or crimes, but he talks a lot.

Hastert is a criminal in our nation of laws, but you minimize his crimes, when you claim Milo is worse  ?

Silver Pines

« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2017, 05:30:21 pm »
@TomSea
@CatherineofAragon

Catherine does not like Milo, Rush, Trump and who knows how many more .. No wonder the conservative party will never unite.   

Catherine if you are waiting for the perfect candidate he died on the cross 2000 years ago.

Trump just wrote off Obama's transgender bathroom bill yesterday and has done great work-all very conservative in the first month and people on this site still attack him. What do you want from the guy?

@mirraflake, stop trying to deflect and answer my question, please.

There's no such thing as a perfect conservative and I've said over and over I'll give Trump credit for whatever good he does. 

Now, why are you still defending an advocate of pedophilia?  What's wrong with you?

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2017, 05:59:41 pm »
@mirraflake, stop trying to deflect and answer my question, please.

There's no such thing as a perfect conservative and I've said over and over I'll give Trump credit for whatever good he does. 

Now, why are you still defending an advocate of pedophilia?  What's wrong with you?

@CatherineofAragon
Here is what Milo said:

I would like to restate my disgust at adults who sexually abuse minors. I am horrified by pedophilia and I have devoted large portions of my career as a journalist to exposing child abusers. I've outed three of them, in fact -- three more than most of my critics.

And I've repeatedly expressed disgust at pedophilia in my feature and opinion writing. I was also the first journalist in the UK to ask after Jimmy Savile’s death whether the real story of his rampant child abuse would ever be told. My professional record is very clear.

But I do understand that the videos you have seen, even though some of them were deceptively edited, paint a different picture. I am partly to blame.

I do not advocate for illegal behavior. I explicitly say on the tapes, in a section that was cut from the footage you have seen, that I think the current age of consent is "about right." I do not believe any change in the the legal age of consent is justifiable or desirable.

I do not believe sex with 13-year-olds is okay. When I mentioned the number 13, I was talking about myself, and the age I lost my own virginity.

I shouldn't have used the word "boy" -- which gay men often do to describe young men of consenting age -- instead of "young man." That was an error. I was talking about my own relationship when I was 17 with a man who was 29. The age of consent in the UK is 16.

I did say that there are relationships between younger men and older men that can help a young gay man escape from a lack of support or understanding at home. That's perfectly true and every gay man knows it.

I am certainly guilty of imprecise language, which I regret.

Anyone who suggests I turn a blind eye to illegal activity or to the abuse of minors is unequivocally wrong. I am implacably opposed to the normalization of pedophilia and I will continue to report and speak accordingly. To repeat: I do not support pedophilia. It is a disgusting crime of which I have personally been a victim.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2017, 06:18:20 pm »
You do know those are fake tweets, right? No verified tag. Leslie Jones had a verified tag.

Here are 15 anti white confirmed tweets by Leslie Jones

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/20/double-standards-leslie-jones-racist-twitter-history/

@EC

Silver Pines

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2017, 06:32:08 pm »
Do you really mean to defend Hastert, as in Milo is worse? As in "You can't equate the two."

Hastert is a criminal in our nation of laws, but you minimize his crimes, when you claim Milo is worse  ?

@truth_seeker

Is your reading comprehension on vacation?

Good Lord.

Silver Pines

« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2017, 06:36:22 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
Here is what Milo said:

I would like to restate my disgust at adults who sexually abuse minors. I am horrified by pedophilia and I have devoted large portions of my career as a journalist to exposing child abusers. I've outed three of them, in fact -- three more than most of my critics.

And I've repeatedly expressed disgust at pedophilia in my feature and opinion writing. I was also the first journalist in the UK to ask after Jimmy Savile’s death whether the real story of his rampant child abuse would ever be told. My professional record is very clear.

But I do understand that the videos you have seen, even though some of them were deceptively edited, paint a different picture. I am partly to blame.

I do not advocate for illegal behavior. I explicitly say on the tapes, in a section that was cut from the footage you have seen, that I think the current age of consent is "about right." I do not believe any change in the the legal age of consent is justifiable or desirable.

I do not believe sex with 13-year-olds is okay. When I mentioned the number 13, I was talking about myself, and the age I lost my own virginity.

I shouldn't have used the word "boy" -- which gay men often do to describe young men of consenting age -- instead of "young man." That was an error. I was talking about my own relationship when I was 17 with a man who was 29. The age of consent in the UK is 16.

I did say that there are relationships between younger men and older men that can help a young gay man escape from a lack of support or understanding at home. That's perfectly true and every gay man knows it.

I am certainly guilty of imprecise language, which I regret.

Anyone who suggests I turn a blind eye to illegal activity or to the abuse of minors is unequivocally wrong. I am implacably opposed to the normalization of pedophilia and I will continue to report and speak accordingly. To repeat: I do not support pedophilia. It is a disgusting crime of which I have personally been a victim.

@mirraflake

Denying the evidence of your eyes and ears so that you can defend a pederast/pedophile with everything you have.

Pure malignancy. 

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2017, 06:42:59 pm »
@truth_seeker

Is your reading comprehension on vacation?

Good Lord.
"You can't equate the two."

I used your words. So I consider your reply to be without substance.

Hastert was the Republican Speaker of the US House of Representatives, and was convicted of a crime.

Milo is a private UK citizen, recently getting attention, thanks no doubt to liberal media willingness to help him, in hopes he will discredit conservatism.

The best thing conservatism could do would be to quit talking about him, which is precisely how they have handled Hastert.

Silver Pines

« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2017, 08:04:53 pm »
"You can't equate the two."

I used your words. So I consider your reply to be without substance.

Hastert was the Republican Speaker of the US House of Representatives, and was convicted of a crime.

Milo is a private UK citizen, recently getting attention, thanks no doubt to liberal media willingness to help him, in hopes he will discredit conservatism.

The best thing conservatism could do would be to quit talking about him, which is precisely how they have handled Hastert.

@truth_seeker

Yes.  Your reading comprehension is on vacation.

I'll try flash cards next time.

geronl

« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2017, 09:33:40 pm »

She did not defend Hastert or say Milo is worse. All she said is Milo is out and obvious about his fraud and perversion, Hastert kept his secret until caught.

Silver Pines

« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2017, 10:15:33 pm »
She did not defend Hastert or say Milo is worse. All she said is Milo is out and obvious about his fraud and perversion, Hastert kept his secret until caught.

@geronl, thank you...I didn't know it was that hard to grasp.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2017, 04:25:30 am »

Absolutely, this is a very solid point.  Looks like some people just want to get in a pissing war; can only make ad homs. Not even worth dealing with.