Author Topic: What I am about to write and what you are about to read may make some people very uncomfortable, if not angry.  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
https://www.facebook.com/joel.tooley/posts/10155350764828888

What I am about to write and what you are about to read may make some people very uncomfortable, if not angry.
[/size]That is not my intention nor is it okay with me to cause anyone to stumble. That being said, what I experienced tonight was so dramatic that I cannot help but reflect on it and share what I experienced.[/color]

Offline MOD8

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This part is actually not true.
What I discovered was that by hosting this as a campaign event, Mr. Trump could determine who was and was not allowed in the venue. If he came on an official visit, they could not prohibit anyone from entering and he couldn't sell his campaign merchandise.
Whether he bills it as an official event or a campaign event or hell, a birthday party, outside of diplomatic issues, it is the Secret Service who have the final say who can't come in. Even with an official visit, there are ways to work that system so only those who he wants are in. Selling merchandise is not even a point here.

The rest regarding theatrics, group dynamic, etc, are pretty much standard operating procedure. This is the kind of stuff you see with many churches and motivational speakers to get the crowd completely with you and in sync.

Now, saying that is normal doesn't mean I believe that is good. These are things to watch out for to understand if you are being manipulated. These were YUGE! red flags with Obama and we called them out when we saw them. With this administration, they are painted gold and on full display. It is worse seeing what should be your own side falling into these group manipulation/NLP type traps.

Offline endicom

Joel Tooley is a saint. And courageous. He calmly, always calmly, confronted those crypto-Nazis and dispatched them with superior intellect. His quivering daughter must be most proud.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Meh,

Summary:  Lib goes to Trump rally, does not feel comfortable, aids a protester, gets shouted at and is frightened

Offline ABX

I'm also not sure how much I believe of his story. He uses many of the same manipulation tactics, talking about his young daughter being traumatized, the old lady in front of him being screamed at, etc. He chooses to describe that side with characters that are weak and vulnerable.

While it could be completely true, it comes across as fake, creating a story with over the top heroes and villains, and stereotypical victims of those villains. Of course, he makes himself out to be the knight in shining armor hero.

Offline Frank Cannon

What a wonderfully wonderful Facebook feed this fellow has. I especially like his post: " There's Nothing More American Than Speaking Spanish. Here's Why."

Leave it up to WTF to find some screed on a social networking website from an open Progressive/Leftist and post it as some sort of slam to Donny.

Offline ABX

I also noticed he has video and photos of the other things like waiting in line, etc, but he doesn't actually have video or photos of the key elements he describes. He has a picture of the old lady in a walker, but not her holding the sign or getting yelled at. No pictures or video of the ladies with the disabled girl getting screamed at with F bombs, etc.

Oceander

Joel Tooley is a saint. And courageous. He calmly, always calmly, confronted those crypto-Nazis and dispatched them with superior intellect. His quivering daughter must be most proud.

:bigsilly:

Perhaps we should award him the golden snowflake medal for extreme valor?

Offline endicom

I'm also not sure how much I believe of his story. He uses many of the same manipulation tactics, talking about his young daughter being traumatized, the old lady in front of him being screamed at, etc. He chooses to describe that side with characters that are weak and vulnerable.

While it could be completely true, it comes across as fake, creating a story with over the top heroes and villains, and stereotypical victims of those villains. Of course, he makes himself out to be the knight in shining armor hero.

He's trying to evoke an image of Hitler's rallies.

Offline Frank Cannon

My unnamed sources are telling me that Joel Toomey is a pseudonym used by Hitlary Clinton when she is drunker than usual.

Offline skeeter

What a wonderfully wonderful Facebook feed this fellow has. I especially like his post: " There's Nothing More American Than Speaking Spanish. Here's Why."

Leave it up to WTF to find some screed on a social networking website from an open Progressive/Leftist and post it as some sort of slam to Donny.

Worthless progressive twaddle. Neither edifying nor informative.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I don't have Facebook so I was only able to read the first paragraph.

Any chance someone can copy it?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
It made me angry.

Who screws up "The Hero's Journey?" It's the most basic storyline ever.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline r9etb

What I am about to write and what you are about to read may make some people very uncomfortable, if not angry.
That is not my intention nor is it okay with me to cause anyone to stumble. That being said, what I experienced tonight was so dramatic that I cannot help but reflect on it and share what I experienced.

Any facebook post that needs that much buildup .... probably ain't worth the time to read.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@endicom

I see him as a total asshat. A passive-aggressive poser who knowingly went there with his 11 year old daughter to use her as a shield  or a victim. Otherwise he would have put the safety of his child ahead of using her as an aide to create Custer's Last Stand.

I have the same opinion of those two protesting harridans who brought their young children to an event where they went to start a conflict,thereby knowingly putting their small children,and in one case handicapped child at risk.

I have zero sympathy for idiots that put their minor children at risk to pump up their own sense of self-importance.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@AbaraXas

Classical passive-aggressive behavior from a professional victim.

Offline endicom

I see him as a total asshat. A passive-aggressive poser who knowingly went there with his 11 year old daughter to use her as a shield  or a victim. Otherwise he would have put the safety of his child ahead of using her as an aide to create Custer's Last Stand.

Pentagon, Oct. 21, 1967. One of the "Old Marxist" speakers finished haranguing us with a warning that his children were with him and he would defend them. Asshattery is old hat.

BTW, while speaking of asshats, one speaker was a guy who was in the news back then. IIRC, an SF reservist who'd deserted and was pending charges. His moment of awakening was when he realized he'd learned to kill a man in three seconds. I can't find anything about this guy on the net. Do you remember anything about this?

@sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@endicom

BTW, while speaking of asshats, one speaker was a guy who was in the news back then. IIRC, an SF reservist who'd deserted and was pending charges. His moment of awakening was when he realized he'd learned to kill a man in three seconds. I can't find anything about this guy on the net. Do you remember anything about this?

I vaguely recall a couple of SF reservists deserting and coming up with sudden bursts of "morality" to excuse their crimes,but can't remember enough to say if one of them was that guy or not. I personally knew of ONE SF guy that got orders to go to VN and deserted to avoid going,and he was one of the guys I would have picked as being the least likely to desert. Blonde muscle beach surfer guy from CA that was trained to be a SF medic,and everybody that I know that went through SFTG and med school at Ft.Sam thought the guy was golden. The perfect SF soldier. Never whined,never failed to do anything less than the best he could give it,and was VERY bright. Went through pre-deployment with him. We all went to VN at the same time,and out of over 220 of us that were on orders to go,he was the only one that didn't show up. He wasn't a reservist,though. He enlisted for active duty with Special Forces.

Truthfully I was too busy back then to even be paying much attention to what my friends on other teams were doing,never mind follow some asshat I had never met.

I can tell you this,most of the people I knew in SF had a mindset that said "I'm glad the sumbitch deserted before he got to a position where he got someone else killed that would have been relying on him."

The last thing people going into combat want is someone going with them that doesn't want to be there.

I even know of one SF guy that was a  26 or 27 year old Master Sgt E-8 that just got fed up with constant deployments to VN  and killing that he took a discharge in 67 or 68 and went off campaigning with the anti-war crowd. VERY bright guy who was VERY respected. He had to have been a top performer to have made E-8 Master Sgt and team leader before turning 30. Most of the people I knew back then on active duty were only casually critical of him because they understood the pressures he had been under,and they all knew that all of us have a point we can't go beyond. Even if we don't know where our own personal "points" are,we have to respect the judgement of a man who wakes up one day and realizes he is now "there". Who were any of us to tell him he wasn't?

BTW,the whole "learned to kill a man in 3 seconds" thing is TOTAL BullBush,and leads me to believe he was a poser. What,somebody holding a stopwatch? How long does it take to pull a trigger or a grenade pin? I can't picture anybody in SF doing anything but laughing out loud in his face as their first response.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 01:06:21 am by sneakypete »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Most of the people I knew back then on active duty were only casually critical of him because they understood the pressures he had been under,and they all knew that all of us have a point we can't go beyond. Even if we don't know where our own personal "points" are,we have to respect the judgement of a man who wakes up one day and realizes he is now "there". Who were any of us to tell him he wasn't?[/b]

Ah, sense. It's good to hear.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline endicom

BTW,the whole "learned to kill a man in 3 seconds" thing is TOTAL BullBush,and leads me to believe he was a poser. What,somebody holding a stopwatch? How long does it take to pull a trigger or a grenade pin? I can't picture anybody in SF doing anything but laughing out loud in his face as their first response.

Yeah, that was my reaction. Typical, "Now you're as good as any three men!" stuff.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

https://www.facebook.com/joel.tooley/posts/10155350764828888
You really need to use the format we have available here to post something for those who choose not to facebook.

It is arrogant to do what you did.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington