Author Topic: Sen. McConnell: How I helped Trump win the White House  (Read 2059 times)

Offline endicom

Sen. McConnell: How I helped Trump win the White House
« on: February 21, 2017, 02:40:54 pm »
Washington Examiner
Salena Zito
Feb. 21, 2017

WASHINGTON — Mitch McConnell says he was surprised Donald Trump won on election night last year.

That may be true, but no one more brilliantly or shrewdly set the wheels in motion for President Trump's victory than the Senate majority leader from Kentucky.

The McConnell-inspired momentum began within hours of the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia last February, when McConnell declared the Senate should not confirm a replacement for the conservative icon until after the 2016 election.

That gave McConnell the ability to offer conservatives of all stripes a passionate reason to support the Republican nominee, whoever it was — including the unorthodox Trump.

More... http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sen.-mcconnell-how-i-helped-trump-win-the-white-house/article/2615158

Interesting talk from McConnell.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Sen. McConnell: How I helped Trump win the White House
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 02:44:51 pm »
Yeah, right, whatevs Mitch.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 02:51:18 pm »
From the way Trump turned on Cruz and started kissing McConnell's butt McConnell must have been doing something.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 02:54:12 pm »
A lot of people right here support his point...the SCOTUS pick did it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 03:05:48 pm »
From the way Trump turned on Cruz and started kissing McConnell's butt McConnell must have been doing something.

Let's not forget either that Trump was boasting about all the establishment types that were calling him up offering support.

So much for being the anti establishment candidate.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 03:14:58 pm »
Let's not forget either that Trump was boasting about all the establishment types that were calling him up offering support.

Not to mention making Mr Establishment Reince Priebus his chief of staff.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 03:18:42 pm »
Not to mention making Mr Establishment Reince Priebus his chief of staff.

Yup him too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 03:24:07 pm »
People with mindless hate for this guy are just complete idiots and non-thinking robots. This guy stopped Obama from appointing someone.

Our side seems like it's just filled with idiots and fools.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 12:34:42 am »
People with mindless hate for this guy are just complete idiots and non-thinking robots. This guy stopped Obama from appointing someone.

:beer:

Also, he beats the heck out of Alison Lundergan Grimes. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 12:38:05 am »
This is a lot of verbage when "I torpedoed Ted Cruz from within" would have answered the issue concisely.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 01:01:57 am »
:beer:

Also, he beats the heck out of Alison Lundergan Grimes.

But not Matt Bevin.  :whistle:

Offline endicom

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 01:09:55 am »
This is a lot of verbage when "I torpedoed Ted Cruz from within" would have answered the issue concisely.

Looking to the future...

"It's pretty simple," he said. "Enact regulatory reform, tax reform, and repeal and replace Obamacare.

"That's how we keep all of these new voters who are starting to identify as Republicans."

Make it so, Mitch.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 01:12:58 am »

Looking to the future...

"It's pretty simple," he said. "Enact regulatory reform, tax reform, and repeal and replace Obamacare.

"That's how we keep all of these new voters who are starting to identify as Republicans."

Make it so, Mitch.

Looking to his record, Mitch always says things of that nature on this side of an election. You know, when there is no cost in not actually acting on it because people will vote for him/them 'no natter what' that actually renege on. Or how many times.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 01:14:56 am »

Make it so, Mitch.

And anyone who believes McConnell will do any of that or support any of that, are one of the biggest fools around.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 01:15:50 am »

LOL. Let's also not forget Turtle Mitch's hand picked boy Trey Greyson who got his ass handed to him by Rand Paul in 2010.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 01:17:14 am »
Looking to his record, Mitch always says things of that nature on this side of an election. You know, when there is no cost in not actually acting on it because people will vote for him/them 'no natter what' that actually renege on. Or how many times.

Ted Cruz is the only one who ever called him out on it. Mitch McConnell had zero intent of overturning Obamacare then and he has zero intent of overturning it now.

And who did Donald Trump side with on Mitch McConnell lying?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 01:27:31 am »
LOL. Let's also not forget Turtle Mitch's hand picked boy Trey Greyson who got his ass handed to him by Rand Paul in 2010.

Turtle and McLame both morph into Conservatives during election years then revert to their true forms once they get re-elected.

McConnell was all over TV a few years back talking about how he was going to go back to Washington and dismantle every bit of Obamacare.  Once he won re-election...he helped pass yet another CR that fully funded the ACA.

The Republicans in Kentucky were pissed and enter Matt Bevin who primaried him...should have beat him...but ol Mitch had his Senatorial slush fund and used it to thrash him.  Thankfully he's the Gov now.

I can only imagine how much better the Conservative movement in Kentucky would be if it were Rand and Bevin and someone else as the Majority leader.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 02:27:58 am »

I'm pretty happy with where Bevin landed for the moment.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 03:36:36 am »
I'm pretty happy with where Bevin landed for the moment.

As someone living in his state...I have to agree.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 04:29:24 am »
As someone living in his state...I have to agree.

So how many of us Kentuckians are there on this board?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 05:37:24 am »

@alicewonders  is one. Don't know how many more but I can tell you for sure that there is no love lost between her and good ole Mitch!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 05:43:17 am »

There are a few here who refer to the Civil War as the War of Northern Aggression so you might be in luck.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 11:58:59 am »
There are a few here who refer to the Civil War as the War of Northern Aggression so you might be in luck.

Not limited to Kentuckians!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 12:58:45 pm »

Present, pretty, and punctual!

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 01:36:58 pm »

Yes, Cruz has been the only one to call out McConnell for the two-face liar that he is and Trump sided with McConnell.  Also along the campaign trail, Trump met with Preibus, McConnell and Ryan. I believe a deal was made then to take Cruz down. Trump remarked after meeting with McConnell that he needed to become more establishment.

What I find amazing is even after the American people voted for an outsider and in their minds rejecting anyone they considered establishment, members of the Senate still nominated McConnell as their majority leader.  Therefore the problem in the Senate continues to exist; we sill have a Senate laced with RINO's and they've kept the ultimate RINO as their majority leader. Absolutely nothing has changed in the Senate.

Through all of this President Trump has so far surprised me as it seems he is sticking to his promises to the American people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.