Author Topic: Thousands expected at ‘Not My Presidents Day’ rallies  (Read 633 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thousands expected at ‘Not My Presidents Day’ rallies
« on: February 20, 2017, 01:53:49 pm »
 USA TODAY
Fredreka Schouten
13 hrs ago

Anti-Trump activists have seized on Monday’s federal holiday to organize “Not My Presidents Day” rallies in cities around the country.

Protest leaders say they expect thousands to take to the streets in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York and as many as two dozen other communities in the latest round of demonstrations to oppose the policies of President Donald Trump. 

Some 13,000 Facebook users, for instance, say they plan to join a noon protest Monday near Manhattan’s Central Park.

more
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/thousands-expected-at-%E2%80%98not-my-presidents-day%E2%80%99-rallies/ar-AAn6Tky?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartanntp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Thousands expected at ‘Not My Presidents Day’ rallies
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 02:38:41 pm »
Oh, good grief.

Legally, Presidents Day only honors one President, George Washington. (In some states they throw in Abraham Lincoln too.)

But hey, why stand between the perpetually aggrieved and their excuse for a protest?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 03:13:40 pm »
The more that the Left promotes such infantile behavior, the more it isolates itself and by extension, the Democrat Party from ordinary Americans and the traditional values to which most of us still adhere. 

The very word "activist" has come to mean something rather distinct and identifiable in American life, as opposed to merely someone who actively pursues an interest: it means an angry, alienated person who has no commercially viable skills, and one who subsists on handouts from others (most often wealthy radical funders) in pursuit of an agenda he or she is led to believe will somehow improve their life's quality, either by taking something that someone else presently has, or else by denying them something they might want. Such people tend to spend their lives at war with human nature, with achievement, with the very idea of value, and ultimately, with objective reality. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 03:24:09 pm »
These protests don't work. I would say they have the opposite effect.

I knew Trump won the primaries when his chicago rally was interrupted.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 05:15:37 pm »
Hopefully those that skipped work to attend these protests without permission will receive the same reward that thousands of
Un día sin inmigrantes ilegales attendees received for skipping work. Of course the majority of the people at these rallies only make money when paid to attend.