Author Topic: Watch German Typhoons Intercept A Boeing 777 That Lost Contact With The Airport  (Read 804 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
One of the neater things you'll see today

I can imagine quite a few horror scenarios onboard an airplane. Looking outside your window and seeing fighter jets is definitely at the very top of that list. That was the reality this week for passengers aboard an Indian Jet Airways flight bound for London that lost contact with air traffic controllers in Cologne, Germany, leading German Air Force Eurofighter Typhoons to scramble and intercept the plane.

Video of the incident was captured by a trailing British Airways plane, which comes to us from the Facebook page of CirrusPilot

More plus fairly unique video at link. http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/watch-german-typhoons-intercept-a-boeing-777-that-lost-1792530997

For those who don't click through but want to know - it was a routine comms foul up. Plane lost contact with ATC and the Luftwaffe were scrambled. Happens several times a day around the world.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Norm Lenhart

One of the neater things you'll see today

I can imagine quite a few horror scenarios onboard an airplane. Looking outside your window and seeing fighter jets is definitely at the very top of that list. That was the reality this week for passengers aboard an Indian Jet Airways flight bound for London that lost contact with air traffic controllers in Cologne, Germany, leading German Air Force Eurofighter Typhoons to scramble and intercept the plane.

Video of the incident was captured by a trailing British Airways plane, which comes to us from the Facebook page of CirrusPilot

More plus fairly unique video at link. http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/watch-german-typhoons-intercept-a-boeing-777-that-lost-1792530997

For those who don't click through but want to know - it was a routine comms foul up. Plane lost contact with ATC and the Luftwaffe were scrambled. Happens several times a day around the world.
I visited my kid on base a few years ago.

That plane will make you deaf from miles away. They launched 4 engine transports that were quieter than a Typhoon. It doesn't need guns or bombs. It can dam near destroy targets just by idling near them, forget a full power pass.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn