Author Topic: High School Transgender Wrestler Wins Texas Regional Title  (Read 3066 times)

Online corbe

High School Transgender Wrestler Wins Texas Regional Title
« on: February 19, 2017, 10:32:29 pm »

High School Transgender Wrestler Wins Texas Regional Title

A 17-year-old Dallas-area high school transgender wrestler who is transitioning from female to male has won a girls regional championship after a female opponent forfeited the match.

Mack Beggs, a Euless Trinity High School junior who is undefeated this wrestling season, hugged losing opponent Madeline Rocha, from Coppell, on the victory stand Saturday after their match for the 110-pound Class 6A Region 2 championship never took place when Rocha declined to wrestle.

Beggs and Rocha advance to the state championships next weekend.  The top four finishers in the region qualified for the state tournament. Beggs did wrestle Kailyn Clay, of Grand Prairie, in a semifinal match Friday night, and won by pin. Clay finished fourth in the regional tournament.

Beggs' coach, Travis Clark, told The Dallas Morning News (http://bit.ly/2kNtnnA ) the forfeit was expected but declined further comment.  Coppell's coach and athletic director also declined to comment.  Beggs' grandmother and guardian, Nancy Beggs, says the outcome was about "bias, hatred and ignorance."

A Coppell lawyer and wrestling parent filed a lawsuit earlier this month against the University Interscholastic League, the agency that governs Texas high school athletics, seeking to have Beggs suspended for steroid use. Beggs is taking testosterone and Jim Baudhuin's lawsuit contends allowing Beggs to compete while using testosterone exposes other athletes to "imminent threat of bodily harm."

Beggs identifies as male but must compete against girls because of two UIL rules, one requiring student-athletes to compete as the gender listed on their birth certificate, and the other prohibiting boys from wrestling girls.

Beggs' grandmother said Beggs wants to compete against boys but will follow UIL rules.

The Texas Education Code and UIL rules prevent steroid use, but the code allows their use if "dispensed, prescribed, delivered and administered by a medical practitioner for a valid medical purpose."

Nancy Beggs says the UIL has Mack Beggs' medical records and has approved the student to compete.

Baudhuin has denied his lawsuit is a reaction to Beggs being a transgender male.

"I respect that completely, and I think the coaches do," he said. "All we're saying is she is taking something that gives her an unfair advantage."

A 17-year-old Dallas-area high school transgender wrestler who is transitioning from female to male has won a girls regional championship after a female opponent forfeited the match.

Mack Beggs, a Euless Trinity High School junior who is undefeated this wrestling season, hugged losing opponent Madeline Rocha, from Coppell, on the victory stand Saturday after their match for the 110-pound Class 6A Region 2 championship never took place when Rocha declined to wrestle.

Beggs and Rocha advance to the state championships next weekend. The top four finishers in the region qualified for the state tournament. Beggs did wrestle Kailyn Clay, of Grand Prairie, in a semifinal match Friday night, and won by pin. Clay finished fourth in the regional tournament.

Beggs' coach, Travis Clark, told The Dallas Morning News the forfeit was expected but declined further comment. Coppell's coach and athletic director also declined to comment. Beggs' grandmother and guardian, Nancy Beggs, says the outcome was about "bias, hatred and ignorance."

A Coppell lawyer and wrestling parent filed a lawsuit earlier this month against the University Interscholastic League, the agency that governs Texas high school athletics, seeking to have Beggs suspended for steroid use. Beggs is taking testosterone and Jim Baudhuin's lawsuit contends allowing Beggs to compete while using testosterone exposes other athletes to "imminent threat of bodily harm."

Beggs identifies as male but must compete against girls because of two UIL rules, one requiring student-athletes to compete as the gender listed on their birth certificate, and the other prohibiting boys from wrestling girls.

Beggs' grandmother said Beggs wants to compete against boys but will follow UIL rules.

The Texas Education Code and UIL rules prevent steroid use, but the code allows their use if "dispensed, prescribed, delivered and administered by a medical practitioner for a valid medical purpose."

<..snip..>

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/High-School-Transgender-Wrestler-Wins-Texas-Regional-Title-414201273.html#ixzz4ZAmgpoea
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Re: High School Transgender Wrestler Wins Texas Regional Title
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 10:42:47 pm »
Andy Kaufman was ahead of his time.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 10:55:00 pm »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 10:59:05 pm »
If she identifies as a male and is transitioning, why is she fighting in the female league?

What would be the difference between any other wrestler taking testosterone hormones competing? It is a banned substance in most sports as a type of performance enhancer.

Can female athletes get around 'juicing up' by claiming they are transgender and it is part of their transition treatment?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 11:05:36 pm »
If she identifies as a male and is transitioning, why is she fighting in the female league?

Mentioned in the article - rules. Wrestlers have to fight as the gender on their BC, and girls are banned from fighting with boys.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 11:05:48 pm »
I believe the current rule is they must compete based on the sex listed on their Birth Cert.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 11:13:00 pm »
What would be the difference between any other wrestler taking testosterone hormones competing? It is a banned substance in most sports as a type of performance enhancer.

Can female athletes get around 'juicing up' by claiming they are transgender and it is part of their transition treatment?
Exactly. This girl is pumped full of testosterone. No wonder she beat another girl.

As an aside, do we really need to have girls' wrestling? Good grief.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 11:41:50 pm »
Exactly. This girl is pumped full of testosterone. No wonder she beat another girl.

It's a slippery Slope there @mountaineer next you'll be wanting to take away, my favorite, MUD Wrestling.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 11:41:59 pm »

In most cases, no.

Consider the case of Hailey "Harrison" Browne. She's a professional hockey player in the National Women's Hockey League. She also identifies as a he, even as biology says otherwise. In order to continue playing professional hockey, Browne has to remain biologically female for the rest of her playing career and not use hormone treatments; otherwise, she will fail a doping test.

I'm pretty sure most state high school sports organizations have similar anti-doping regulations that would come into play here. She should be ineligible for all sport because she is doping.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:42:58 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 11:53:04 pm »

I would consider myself a big fan of girls wrestling. At least, certain genres of the sport. :)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 11:55:59 pm »
I would consider myself a big fan of girls wrestling. At least, certain genres of the sport. :)

Genres? Or venues? ;)
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 11:56:53 pm »
Well, I'm a girl, so ... not interested.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 12:04:12 am »
Not a real win. It is a forfeit, doped up, win. In most sports this would be classified as an "asterisk win".

Hard for me at least, to understand how she could be proud of the trophy, or how she could be proud of what she did.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 12:10:10 am »
Is it speaking at CPAC?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 12:12:46 am »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 12:19:49 am »
Beggs' grandmother and guardian, Nancy Beggs, says the outcome was about "bias, hatred and ignorance."

Ah the progressive. Progressing back to the Middle Ages with slurs equivalent to 'heretic,' 'infidel' and 'burn the witch.'
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 01:01:03 am »

Title IX would seem to indicate yes. But that's another issue altogether.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 01:05:23 am »
Not a real win. It is a forfeit, doped up, win. In most sports this would be classified as an "asterisk win".

Hard for me at least, to understand how she could be proud of the trophy, or how she could be proud of what she did.

Agree completely.

As for the question you posed...easy...politics trumps everything.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 01:38:19 am »
You're talking about a person who's in denial over her own biology. Do you really think she's thinking the same way the average person thinks?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 01:46:16 am »
Agree completely.

As for the question you posed...easy...politics trumps everything.

How committed could she possibly be to being a man if she still competes in woman's sports? Get my drift?

If she was truly a man trapped in a woman's body, wouldn't "he" say, that's not for me? That's for women and I am not a woman. I am a man in a woman's body. If she is really a man, wouldn't "he" be getting 'turned on' wrestling around with women? I know that I would.

It cast doubt on her real motivations and makes me wonder if the whole 'transgender' thing is just a fraud.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 01:53:04 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 01:59:00 am »
Ah the progressive. Progressing back to the Middle Ages with slurs equivalent to 'heretic,' 'infidel' and 'burn the witch.'

Three terms I have encountered right here over the past couple weeks made by our more progressive fellows.

Offline Optiguy

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 04:28:34 am »
I believe the current rule is they must compete based on the sex listed on their Birth Cert.

And here is where logic and fantasy collide. We have a rule that kids compete based on their biological gender. We have federal mandates that say kids must be able to use the bathroom/locker room of the gender they identify with. Does this mean she must compete in female matches but then she can shower in the boy's locker room? 

Offline rodamala

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 10:28:01 pm »

Female wrestlers can have a phsyiological advantage over males.  Body mass center is generally lower.  I am told that good female wrestlers play to this advantage when facing males of the same weight class.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 01:21:53 pm »
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article135021414.html

CYPRESS

[/size]Mack Beggs came here to wrestle. And wrestle he did, manhandling four opponents over two days as he captured a Class 6A girls state championship Saturday.
[/size]The 110-pound gold medalist also captured something else: The attention of a nation increasingly polarized by transgender issues.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article135021414.html#storylink=cpy[/size]

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2017, 01:48:49 pm »
(s)He beat a bunch of girls while doped up on steroids. Not exactly something to be proud of...