Author Topic: Government demographic studies all wrong on Somali numbers in US  (Read 342 times)

rangerrebew

Government demographic studies all wrong on Somali numbers in US
« on: February 19, 2017, 01:41:27 pm »
Government demographic studies all wrong on Somali numbers in US

Posted by Ann Corcoran on February 19, 2017
We probably have at least twice as many Somalis of ethnic descent living in the US as the federal government is telling us!

This little article caught my eye yesterday, so I went back this morning to look at numbers I have recorded for years.
SAMSUNG

Somalis in Minnesota with Somali flags!

From Orangeville.com about Minnesota Somali numbers, with this line at the end:

The 2015 American Community Survey says almost one-third of the more than 129,000 people in the United States reporting Somali ancestry lived in Minnesota.
129,000! No way!

This is what we know:  Back in 2008, I laboriously poured over data provided by the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement’s annual reports to Congress and wrote this post about the numbers. (We did not have access to Wrapsnet at the time).  Each year after that I updated the post with the Somalis we admitted to the US—through only the Refugee Admissions Program.

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2017/02/19/government-demographic-studies-all-wrong-on-somali-numbers-in-us/
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 01:42:03 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Government demographic studies all wrong on Somali numbers in US
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:44:04 pm »
That would not surprise me. They have been lowballing the number of Mexican illegals for decades, too.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:44:20 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis