Author Topic: Update: Tucson mayor's car recovered hours after he was carjacked at gunpoint  (Read 553 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Update: Tucson mayor's car recovered hours after he was carjacked at gunpoint
    Caitlin Schmidt Arizona Daily Star Feb 18, 2017
Tucson Mayor Jonathan Rothschild was carjacked at gunpoint in midtown Saturday morning.

Shortly before 11 a.m., the mayor was leaving his home when he was greeted by a man holding a pistol, who demanded to know where his car was parked, Rothschild told the Star.

Rothschild said that he pointed to his city-owned Toyota Prius and the man demanded he hand over the keys.

The mayor complied, and the carjacker left the scene in the Prius.

Read More At: http://tucson.com/news/local/crime/tucson-mayor-carjacked-at-gunpoint-in-midtown/article_8f451f18-f61f-11e6-b4c9-cf5197e29e52.html

Wingnut

A Prius?

He should thank the thief.

Offline dfwgator

Offline corbe

You'd have to be pretty damn stoned to steal a prius.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

You'd have to be pretty damn stoned to steal a prius.

:silly:

Offline Idiot

We just got back from a vacation in Tucson.  I felt pretty safe the entire time we were there.  There were quite a few potheads around though.  I guess the police just tolerate it.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
We just got back from a vacation in Tucson.  I felt pretty safe the entire time we were there.  There were quite a few potheads around though.  I guess the police just tolerate it.

You probably were pretty safe around pot heads as long as you aren't waving a hotdog around.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

You probably were pretty safe around pot heads as long as you aren't waving a hotdog around.

Or walking to your Prius at 9am.
   I'm so skeptical of this Rat, he was probably up to no good in the city vehicle and reported it a carjack, completely absolving him of any responsibility for damage.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goatprairie

How about that. The wife and I just returned a few weeks ago from spending four weeks in Tucson. Loved it. One fellow condo resident from Canada who had been going to Tucson in the winter  for years apologized for what he said was the coldest Tucson January in fifteen years.
We told him we didn't care....the coldest it got in Tucson was still quite warmer than where we were from....Wisconsin.
Before we left Wisconsin I checked to see where the bad parts of Tucson were, and we avoided them. Our condo was in the northern foothills.  We had a great time.